JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
opinions on this rifle? just got done watching Future Weapons where he covered this rifle. I kinda like it. I kinda dont. i wasnt aware that it can be "re built" into pretty much whatever caliber you want to shoot. So SweetBeard can get his AK rounds off in it, then i can pick it up, swap internals and fire .223 in under a couple minutes. but i just cant get over the "plasticness" (if thats even a word) of the rifle. it just seems so cheap to me.

i unfortunately sold my AR yesterday :( . and will be looking for something to replace it. im not sure whats going to be available when i do start looking again. im hoping the hk416 (or whatever the call the civilian model) will be available by then. if not i may look into the Barrett 6.8. the masada was a idea, but i doubt it will ever be available for public sale now that ive seen how easy it is to take apart and convert it. anyways discuss.

It's basically a modernized and modular AR-180. Overall I like the idea. But, there are some issues with it.

1) The charging handle rattles...a lot. It just sits there and flops all around.
2) The charging handle sits right next to the upper picatinny rail, and waits for you to scrape your knuckle.
3) The ambi safety, when in FIRE, digs into your hand.
4) The ambi bolt release is like a FAL. This means it's located on the front of the trigger guard and you must push it down to release the bolt. If you have strong fingers you can do it one handed. Otherwise, it's tough to do. I prefer push buttons.
5) The upper is serialized. This means for NFA barrels, you need to swap them out from the upper, rather than just slapping a whole new upper on with zero'd optics, etc.

That said...it's neat. I prefer the SCAR. It seemed like a much more "serious" weapon.

It's basically a modernized and modular AR-180. Overall I like the idea. But, there are some issues with it.

1) The charging handle rattles...a lot. It just sits there and flops all around.
2) The charging handle sits right next to the upper picatinny rail, and waits for you to scrape your knuckle.
3) The ambi safety, when in FIRE, digs into your hand.
4) The ambi bolt release is like a FAL. This means it's located on the front of the trigger guard and you must push it down to release the bolt. If you have strong fingers you can do it one handed. Otherwise, it's tough to do. I prefer push buttons.
5) The upper is serialized. This means for NFA barrels, you need to swap them out from the upper, rather than just slapping a whole new upper on with zero'd optics, etc.

That said...it's neat. I prefer the SCAR. It seemed like a much more "serious" weapon.

Ya, what he said.

You need to come pick up your SCAR, It's taking up room in my safe.

Pass
masadaposter471ace.jpg

A member of ARFCOM dropped one at the Shot Show last year and it shattered.

The other 3 at the show were also broken.

You may want to set your sights on the FN SCAR

The one at Shot Show was made with prototyping plastic. The ACR/masada that they will be selling will be made of the same polymer you see in other excellent magpul products like pmags. You can run those over with a tank and they won't even get dirty.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top