JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've given a heads up on this before, it's happened several times over the years. Call 911 and get verification they are real cops before you open the door

Wow, this is pretty scary. Rule of thumb I follow is I don't let a police officer in my house without a warrant. Though, I don't know what would happen then, but it's still the rule I use.

This is the worst part:
The suspects left the home with cash and two handguns.
Two unarmed and oblivious homeowners open their front door to the bad guys while their two self-defense weapons are guarding their sock drawers. Man, would I feel dumb if I did that.

This is the worst part:

Two unarmed and oblivious homeowners open their front door to the bad guys while their two self-defense weapons are guarding their sock drawers. Man, would I feel dumb if I did that.

To be fair, they thought that the robbers were police. You don't generally go get your gun before opening the door to a police officer.

It also helps if you know at least who your local officers are... but yeah, if anyone comes to your door and you don't know them, DON'T OPEN UP!

Unless you work in a small town it is unlikely you will be able to "know" 1/2 the cops in your area. Unincorporated area's forget it. MY local cops are both Pierce Country and WSP. HAH, yeah good luck knowing those officers.

Easier and faster is to check out your driveway before opening the door. See a fully marked cop car you are at least that much closer to knowing they are the real deal before you even get to the door. Even unmarked cars usually scream cop if you know what to look for, though with all the auctioned police rigs that is risky these days... But if the car is unmarked and you see someone in uniform at the door call 911..

We have to be smart and safe out there!

I only talk to cops at my house from behind the door. Secondly ask them tons of questions and if need be request their superior come. We pay for it, so I always feel like that's my right and obligation if I'm stopped for OCing or if they come to the house. It rarely happens but I still don't trust leos more than any other stranger. I perceive them as a threat first as they do with us.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top