Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Marysville, WA - home invasion by 2 guys posing as police officers

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ATCclears, Nov 12, 2012.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I've given a heads up on this before, it's happened several times over the years. Call 911 and get verification they are real cops before you open the door

oknow, 206thsense, ATCclears and 3 others like this.
  3. thurston24

thurston24 Richland, WA Member

Wow, this is pretty scary. Rule of thumb I follow is I don't let a police officer in my house without a warrant. Though, I don't know what would happen then, but it's still the rule I use.

4. 206thsense

206thsense Seattle, WA, USA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

It also helps if you know at least who your local officers are... but yeah, if anyone comes to your door and you don't know them, DON'T OPEN UP!

5. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

This is the worst part:
    Two unarmed and oblivious homeowners open their front door to the bad guys while their two self-defense weapons are guarding their sock drawers. Man, would I feel dumb if I did that.

Blitzkrieg and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

To be fair, they thought that the robbers were police. You don't generally go get your gun before opening the door to a police officer.

7. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, I have no idea what my city's police badge looks like, or how to tell a faked one. What would you do about that?

8. lamrith

lamrith tacoma Active Member

Unless you work in a small town it is unlikely you will be able to "know" 1/2 the cops in your area. Unincorporated area's forget it. MY local cops are both Pierce Country and WSP. HAH, yeah good luck knowing those officers.

Easier and faster is to check out your driveway before opening the door. See a fully marked cop car you are at least that much closer to knowing they are the real deal before you even get to the door. Even unmarked cars usually scream cop if you know what to look for, though with all the auctioned police rigs that is risky these days... But if the car is unmarked and you see someone in uniform at the door call 911..

We have to be smart and safe out there!

9. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I only talk to cops at my house from behind the door. Secondly ask them tons of questions and if need be request their superior come. We pay for it, so I always feel like that's my right and obligation if I'm stopped for OCing or if they come to the house. It rarely happens but I still don't trust leos more than any other stranger. I perceive them as a threat first as they do with us.

Blitzkrieg, PinoyBoy, Squidly and 3 others like this.
  10. chemist

It's not like you're going to hurt their feelings by playing it careful. Just so long as you don't display "contempt of cop," they might even appreciate a cautious citizen.

SonicBlue03 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. chemist

Don't have to. It's always wherever I am.