JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Clean Up Alert!!!!!!!
We are going to shoot(no pun intended) for January 16th 2021 and 8AM. We will go until it is cleaned up or people are tired. Law enforcement will let some trucks back so we can haul the garbage out. They will close the Pit so we don't have to worry about other people want to shoot. Afterwards if we want we can have lunch in the parking lot and then go back in and shoot. Here is the flyer. Please let me know if you are coming so I can keep a running head count.
Thank You!View attachment 789528
So far, weather should be dry. I'm going! I'll bring a hot dog BBQ lunch for everyone.

I hope we're planning a group shoot afterward. I promised a 'new-to-guns' lady we'd help her learn her new pistol and share a couple toys. She's from Portland and hoping to meet some lady shooters too. Also a new member of Trash No Land.

Tomorrow be the day! Weather forecast to be good!

@Rem700..300 , I'll be leaving Washougal around 5:30 and need to stop for gas and fill the air pot with coffee. I might be a few mins late (8-ish), but I'll be there. I'm planning on setting up the canopy at the pit, if we can drive in, so we can BBQ and do the prize giveaways. I'd rather not have to set up in the parking lot.

I'll have some fold out tables for the food & prizes, but may need more especially for the firing line of the 'After Party'.

I hope this works! I've never done a January cleanup before and the February ones have most always been cold, wet and miserable! At least this time we'll have good weather on our side, and being in the Coastal Range should be warmer than the Cascades! Still, watch for ice on the way up the hill!!!

Bill

That lad chad be mad if he crashes his truck! (Sorry, but could find anything vehicle name to rhyme with mad lad or chad, but love the user name!).

Thanks, see you then!

Its just foggy right now. Might be wrong but not expecting any ice. Have the muffins, cookies, chips and water all loaded up. Going to get up there about 730. Hopefully George gets there close to 8. I can bring a table. Bringing a few toys also. Remembering the hearing protection also.
Have some friends and a co-worker going to make it.

Absolutely a gorgeous sunny day. We were above the fog line. I think 15 people showed up. Filled a 5x8x2 trailer full of trash. Had a great lunch cooked by @Cogs and had a little after party. Will get more pictures tomorrow and name's.
20210116_134208.jpg 20210116_134214.jpg
The only bad part of the day was when we were leaving I pull over at the bottom of hill and looked over the side of the parking lot. More quality people using the forest. About another trailer load including a 65 inch tv, diapers and a broken crib.
20210116_135722.jpg

Dang that was fun (for a January cleanup!). It felt more like a March cleanup, weather was so nice!

Normally we would have made a much bigger deal out of this event and enlisted the help of the Bureau of Land Management, however, this was an effort to get the job done without having to ask volunteers to comply with the official agency COVID rules. As it turned out, no one had any problems with crowding or close contact. Everyone naturally physical distanced at
2 AR's Apart!

I just now got the story up on our Blog, but too tired and late to re-post it here. So, here's the link to the Blog story...

Trash No Land Blog 01-16-21

I just found this site today. I am sorry I missed the clean up. Hopefully I can make the next one.

Thanks!
Oh yes, there will be more! In fact, you could join @Rem700..300 most any weekend. He and Tracy go often and do their own mini cleanups, not only at Mary's Peak but other areas too.

Welcome to the forum, Rev! I look forward to meeting you sometime!
Bill

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top