JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has anyone gone to this spot recently? It sounds like it gets trashed and I'd like to help clean it up if that's still an option. I moved to Albany last spring and used to go up hillockburn rd in estacada with my buddies. I'm looking for a closer spot that I can go to when I just want to go up for a quick afternoon shooting trip.

Has anyone gone to this spot recently? It sounds like it gets trashed and I'd like to help clean it up if that's still an option. I moved to Albany last spring and used to go up hillockburn rd in estacada with my buddies. I'm looking for a closer spot that I can go to when I just want to go up for a quick afternoon shooting trip.

Was up their a few days ago, had to hike in the last half mile because of the snow/ice. Trash no land has a cleaning trip planned but you should always clean up your trash

Love to have you on board! The next big one is planned for Sept. We got a lot of spring and summer to go through before then. Craig is up there all the time doing simple random cleanups and draining the ammo storage box. You should join him sometime and get to know the area. I think he's working nights so it might be tomorrow before he responds.

Thanks for the help!

Went up today. Hiked the last 200 yards to where we did the clean up. Didnt walk into the quary. Lots of misc garbage on the way up. Too much snow now. Open to shooting though. Probably need to wait a couple of weekends to do the cleaning. I normally get up there at day break on Friday. No crowds. I will send you a PM when I go next. I did shoot the new Glock 41(yes I bought a Glock). Shoots like a dream. Thanks Mike357

Love to have you on board! The next big one is planned for Sept. We got a lot of spring and summer to go through before then. Craig is up there all the time doing simple random cleanups and draining the ammo storage box. You should join him sometime and get to know the area. I think he's working nights so it might be tomorrow before he responds.

Thanks for the help!

Dang, I have a deployment in august. Any other clean ups in the area or portland area. I wanna be more involved. Also have a few people who are kinda on the fence about guns (boarderline anti gun) and I think it would be good to expose them to the group and show all the good we did

Went up today. Hiked the last 200 yards to where we did the clean up. Didnt walk into the quary. Lots of misc garbage on the way up. Too much snow now. Open to shooting though. Probably need to wait a couple of weekends to do the cleaning. I normally get up there at day break on Friday. No crowds. I will send you a PM when I go next. I did shoot the new Glock 41(yes I bought a Glock). Shoots like a dream. Thanks Mike357

Also was just at pit 36 in Estacada and their is a tree down right in the middle of the path to walk in. It was definitely shot down. I have access to a trailer but not a big enough chainsaw to cut it up. Should of taken a picture

Also was just at pit 36 in Estacada and their is a tree down right in the middle of the path to walk in. It was definitely shot down. I have access to a trailer but not a big enough chainsaw to cut it up. Should of taken a picture
36 Pit is scheduled for April 20th (will post it this weekend). I just spoke with USFS today and confirmed, but they didn't say anything about the tree down. I've asked them before if we could cut them up at a cleanup and they said they'd have to have their crews do it. (Still, if we did it outside of a cleanup day... what could they say! As long as it's not during a 'sanctioned' cleanup event. Might get in trouble if they catch you and think you're cutting for firewood!)

Also on April 20th-ish, (might be sooner), is a cleanup in Tillamook State Forest at the North Fork Wolf Creek Lanes. We're putting that together now and will post both these cleanups soon.

Sometime mid summer we'll do one down in Medford, if you care for a drive.

Otherwise, April 27th is a big multi-group cleanup on my side of the river in Washington at Yacolt Burn State Forest. We'll have a couple more big ones that get lunch and prizes throughout the summer. Some will be just show up and help get it done.

Thanks for helping out!

Bill

Thanks for all the updates! I'll try to keep an eye open for these cleanup events. I work Monday through Friday so I might not be able to make some of them. Until then I'll just wait a couple weeks and try to head up there to go shooting. I always bring at least a bag or two to try to clean up trash, even if I didn't leave it there in the first place. It pisses me off that people are so rude to leave TVs and propane tanks and thing of that nature. They brought it up there, so it's not like they dont have room to take it back with them.

Ha! Just found this video, from last year's cleanup (2018) Public Lands Day at Mary's Peak. We're doing one again this year! I'm sure the Steel Rangers will be there! Watch for the announcement in the Events section.

I was up there Thursday. Somebody carried in a lot of garbage and shot it up. For the grand prize there was what was left of a decent size rc airplane. Didnt have my phone with me.

They produce a good video. Checked out a lot of their other ones. Been to a lot of the same spots
They are an interesting group. What intrigued me was that they don't shoot and don't care to shoot, however, they believe in quality recreation and a clean environment no matter how you recreate in the woods. That's the kind of attitude and collaboration we like to see on both sides... Enjoy your kind of recreation, but clean it up as you go. Simple. Non-partisan. Just people getting along with people and accepting each other with no prejudice in favor of or against one thing. I hope they show up again this year!

Trash left in the forest at target shooting sites, (or anywhere else), is not acceptable. No one likes to recreate in a mess, much less even see trash in the woods. If it didn't grow there, it shouldn't be there!

I'll be there to show my support for our public lands and take a stand for responsible shooting on public lands.

Bill
Mary's Peak Annual Cleanup

MP Promo.jpg

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top