JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Can you attend this event?

• Yes!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Not sure yet, but I'd like to!

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
I'm really glad it turned out the way it did. Looking at the sign-up poll at the top of the thread I was afraid no one was going to be there. Were there any issues with the of road bike race?

Was there any media presence? Anything going to be in the local paper?

I hope you'll be doing another clean-up near PDX soon, work has slacked off to the point Wifey and I can do a Saturday thing now.

Mike

Thanks, Ranger Dawn, for standing up and making a public statement for our public places to shoot! (Those 2%'ers are the ones messing it up for all of us!)

George Dawn, BLM district law-enforcement ranger.....

It's those "2-percenters" that irk responsible shooting hobbyists. Without a cleanup, the Bureau of Land Management may be forced in the future to possibly close the site to recreationists.

"Something like this, it benefits everybody. It benefits the community, it benefits the BLM and of course the public can come and shoot and no one will close these areas because it's inundated with trash," said George Dawn, BLM district law-enforcement ranger. "It's good people here. I mean, you have the 2-percenters that do the dirty work but the rest of the people clean up."

"It's important that we communicate to the public how important it is to keep ourselves aware of the environment and not to be disposing of your trash here," Dawn said, "because this is your public land, it's not BLM, it's for the public. BLM just manages, but it's open for the community, for the public to come out and recreate."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top