JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Jeeze. here we go...............

Maryland police arrest possible Aurora theater shooting copycat; Suspect ID'd as Neil Prescott after threat of mass workplace shootout; 20 weapons including assault rifles found in his home
Neil Prescott, a Pitney Bowes subcontractor employee, called into the Maryland offices and said ‘I am a joker. I’m going to load up my guns and blow everyone up.’ He was arrested Thursday night, cops said. His shirt read: ‘Guns don’t kill people. I do.’
A possible Colorado copycat billing himself as “a joker” had a lethal arsenal inside his home when he threatened to open fire in his workplace, authorities said Friday.

Neil Prescott was undergoing psychiatric evaluation after phoning in his threat earlier this week to mailroom and softward supplier Pitney Bowes, officials said.

Prescott, of Crofton, Md., was a disgruntled worker nursing a grudge when he dialed the company offices in southern Maryland just days after the Friday shootings in Aurora, Colo., authorities said.

“I am a joker. I’m going to load my guns and blow everybody up,” the man declared, according to The Washington Post.

He was arrested Thursday night, and authorities recovered more than 20 weapons — including assault rifles and handguns — along with more than 400 rounds of ammunition inside his home.

“Guns don’t kill people. I do,” read the T-shirt the suspect was wearing when arrested. The suspect was calm and cooperative when taken into custody, the Post reported.

Prescott’s mention of the word joker invoked images of the carnage inflicted at the suburban Colorado movie theater during a midnight showing of “The Dark Knight Rises.”

The shooter there used an assault rifle and other weapons to kill a dozen movie-goers and wound another 58. The suspect in the shootings dyed his hair read and declared that he was Batman’s arch-enemy, the Joker.

Authorities said there was no other indication of any link between the two incidents.

Prescott was identified by a Pitney Bowes spokeswoman as a worker for a company subcontractor. He had not set foot on any company property in four months, the spokeswoman said.

No charges were immediately filed in the case, and it was unclear how the suspect had assembled his arsenal.

Maryland police arrest possible Aurora theater shooting copycat; Suspect ID'd as Neil Prescott after threat of mass workplace shootout; 20 weapons including assault rifles found in his home - NY Daily News

along with more than 400 rounds of ammunition
Wow! 400 rounds? Horrible. I go through more than that in a Saturday's worth of target practice. And again, the "arsenal" comment by them. Anything over 1 gun is an arsenal to them.

I'm glad they got this guy before he did anything, but the sensationalism when describing things just makes me roll my eyes.

Memo to disgruntled workers:

Please refrain from using the word "Joker" when you go postal. We already have a backlog of work establishing groping stations at movie theaters.

Department of Homeland Security

Memo to disgruntled employees:

In addition to your paid days off, you will be allotted one "gone postal" day. Please see your manager for a request form. Requests will be handled in the order they are received.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top