JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just got approved today for my CHL permit in Mult. County. I presented my online Maryland handgun training certification during the "interview" (which lasted about 5 minutes, most of which involved getting fingerprinted and photos taken) and for a while thought they wouldn't accept it. The lady who processed me was grumbling a bit, turning the paper over, etc. and seemed a bit frustrated. She mentioned they have been getting a lot of these and that the certificate should mention who taught the course as it needs to be taught by an NRA certified instructor. I mentioned that I did some research saying it has been used for permits before, she said she knew and she'd approve it but that the certificate should have more detail. Right upon stamping my receipt, she asked me "just curious how much this course costs?" and when I said it was free she took a long pause, staying very still, RIGHT AS SHE WAS ABOUT TO SIGN IT! I thought for sure I was gonna be denied. Then she signed and handed me my receipt.

Point is - if you wanna use the maryland course for your CHL in multnomah county I'd suggest doing it sooner rather than later as I bet they don't take it forever. And...keep your fingers crossed and hope you get the guy processing your paperwork! He seemed friendlier. All in all it was very painless. In and out in 5 minutes, tops.

I can't remember exactly as I had to reschedule my appt twice so it's been a while...but after i sent in my app it was pretty quick, I wanna say like a week or so maybe? i got a letter in the mail with an appt time straight away, no call.

i have an email from them telling me they would accept it, i got my interview letter 5 days after i sent it out scheduled for april 27th so its about a month

just got done emailing to make sure it still worked i faxed the printout and this was the reply

Apparently online courses are no longer allowed to put their NRA numbers on their certificate, so the copy y you faxed showing you took the class will suffice for class requirement.

Thanks,

Jeanne

I thought I read on here that someone applied in Clackamas County with the Maryland course cert and they took it. Can anyone confirm that? I want to apply for my non-resident and would prefer it go as smooth as possible.

I thought I read on here that someone applied in Clackamas County with the Maryland course cert and they took it. Can anyone confirm that? I want to apply for my non-resident and would prefer it go as smooth as possible.

That was me back in December and it was as painless as possible.

just got done emailing to make sure it still worked i faxed the printout and this was the reply

Apparently online courses are no longer allowed to put their NRA numbers on their certificate, so the copy y you faxed showing you took the class will suffice for class requirement.

Thanks,

Jeanne

Sweet! Sounds like she did look into it...glad to hear they'll still take it. I have to say, I was very impressed with how painless the entire process was. (of course, I haven't actually "gotten" it yet...but unless I fail my background check it should be here in a couple weeks.) I'll post again win it arrives...

The NRA instructor number is on my online cert, from OregonCHLTraining.com. I completed it 3 weeks ago, and the licensing appointment was smooth as silk.

Clackamas County is great. Their system is all electronic, and very efficient.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top