Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Maryland Mall Shooting

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Norm0931, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

3 dead so far. Appears one is probably gunman.

Standby for another round of "OMG we must rid the world of guns before we nuke ourselves!" And "the gunman was using an ak-15 military machine gun, which is readily available from the interwebz, with a 500 round ghost super magazine assaulter clip"

2. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

one mall shooting a month?
    There goes the ammo off the shelves

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Interesting that these sacrificial wack jobs are all over the place lately. Almost looks like they are psychologically triggered moles!!

JackThompson, hker71, simon99 and 7 others like this.
  4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Could be a case of retribution for something gone bad. Targeted for bullying.
    We need to wait for the facts.

5. wombat

wombat Kirkland, WA Member

… wonder if Gov O'Malley feels good about the states forthcoming 2a restrictions he passed?

I heard (3rd hand), that the Maryland state law 7 day background check system was overwhelmed, with many Maryland resident rushing to purchase firearms before the new laws came into affect. Essentially the system was something like 3-4 months BEHIND; so the 8th day rule released firearms into potentially questionable owners.

The Mall of Columbia is a 'gun free zone' and signage as such?
    Owned by the wonderful GGP Property company; Illinois based and perhaps a speculative conclusion for the gun free signage.

Of course, the media is eager to get the story of the 'assault weapon' armed suspect, if anything for their own 15 secs of sound bite fame.
    I still laugh at Atherton's Richard Thornburg character in the Die Hard 2 movie " … To put his life and talent on the line for humanity and country .."

6. hker71

hker71 Portland Metro Area Active Member

Sadly I think all the news coverage these events get emboldens the other wackos out there. Of course the media loves to cover this so they can do the anti-gun slant. I am not a conspiracy buff, but I agree with what Dunenrunner said. Nothing seems out of the realm of reality with this current government.

Glock Jock and (deleted member) like this.
  7. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Once again proving the theory that gun free zones are the safest places to be...

8. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

last week there were atleast 2 shootings at college campuses as well. crazy i tell ya.

9. Classic

Classic Federal Way WA Well-Known Member

Sad but "Gun Free Zones" to a wacko really means "Easy Pickings!"

Personally I try not to print when I'm in one.....:thumbup:

10. FortRock

FortRock Bend/Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

They are. They have stepped up the pace and frequency and have reduced collateral damage.

11. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

And of course, every single shooting, now matter how few people, makes national news with all of the details of the shooter, their personal life, why they shot someone, etc. - thereby encouraging the next shooter to want to do the same thing so they can go out in a blaze of glory, getting their name and story in the news, instead of just committing simple suicide and dying in anonymity.

12. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

So they are saying it was a shotgun....no evil black banana clip fed thousand round in a half second shooting, baby murdering alcoholic ghost assault gun.

So I going to guess this won't be big news.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

Oh but, he had "mass amounts of ammunition" which, despite killing himself after two employees in the store BEFORE cops arrived, they claim he could have been plotting further bloodshed and might have had explosives.

Cause that makes perfect sense. Dude kills 2 people, cops still haven't arrived, so rather than go with his original plan of blowing up the mall, he shoots himself...RIGHT....

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  14. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

They used a Joe Biden Special.
    How much you want to bet he was a democrat liberal ?
    Anyone get his voter reg?

http://fxn.ws/1e4NIy2

15. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

An apparent "domestic dispute". The shooter shot a 21 year old woman (possibly ex-girlfriend) and her 25 year old co-worker (possibly the "other guy" in the triangle). The rest are just ordinary routine homicides that were gathered up to throw into the mix and make it interesting. Nothing to see here. Move along.

16. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Yes, their was a former FBI criminal profile analyst or something similar who said we just need to ignore and forget them entirely. I'll try to find the article with the interview. He was somewhat famous.

Taku and (deleted member) like this.
  17. U201491

I would really like to have that one if you find it.

18. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I'll have to look later. A couple promising sites don't seem to like my phone. If I find something, I will post it.

19. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

You know, these wack jobs that do this bubblegum are saying FTW before they commit these mall/movie theatre shootings. Why should they care about who has any gun rights after a mass shooting?

Another state heading in the wrong direction, who is to say for chance that maybe this idiot did this to steal from others by his or her actions?

Its just a all around bad deal.

20. U201491

The more of these things that happen the more the left sits back wringing their hands and grinning.