JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The DA has released the store surveillance video as well as a computer generated re-creation of the shooting in Medford Oregon involving two federal Marshals and a guy they were after. Its available at Medford Mail Tribune.com. You can decide for yourselves, but I side with the good guys.

Videos show the intensity of showdown with marshals | MailTribune.com

The entire thing was sloppy and botched on the marshals part. The marshals somehow decided that the best chance for an arrest is while the suspect was driving an SUV with children in it through a busy parking lot.
They picked the wrong time, the wrong place, and then completely screwed up the execution, putting many innocent people in the crosshairs.

They got piss-poor results from their piss-poor planning.
They fired 20 rounds and hit him with 2. They pulled bullets out of the store front and 9 different cars in the parking lot.
Personally, I think the marshals are lucky they didnt shoot a bystander, let alone the two children in the back seat.

Videos show the intensity of showdown with marshals | MailTribune.com

The entire thing was sloppy and botched on the marshals part. The marshals somehow decided that the best chance for an arrest is while the suspect was driving an SUV with children in it through a busy parking lot.
They picked the wrong time, the wrong place, and then completely screwed up the execution, putting many innocent people in the crosshairs.

They got piss-poor results from their piss-poor planning.
They fired 20 rounds and hit him with 2. They pulled bullets out of the store front and 9 different cars in the parking lot.
Personally, I think the marshals are lucky they didnt shoot a bystander, let alone the two children in the back seat.

I agree with this, I mostly am with the cops but this is how bystanders get killed. Wait till he is away from a crowd.

Is everyone all comfy in their Laz-e-boys? Cause thats the best place to armchair quarterback the Marshals. The Grand Jury thought their actions justified...they took all of 6 minutes to figure it out. I will consider that an INFORMED decision, not the blather speculated here. That man made a series of bad choices, and he paid with his life. The Marshals are safe and sound, vindicated by the Grand Jury, and that suits me just fine.

No one else was injured, so while some wring their hands in consternation, the score is...Marshals one, knucklehead zero.

Is everyone all comfy in their Laz-e-boys? Cause thats the best place to armchair quarterback the Marshals. The Grand Jury thought their actions justified...they took all of 6 minutes to figure it out. I will consider that an INFORMED decision, not the blather speculated here. That man made a series of bad choices, and he paid with his life. The Marshals are safe and sound, vindicated by the Grand Jury, and that suits me just fine.

No one else was injured, so while some wring their hands in consternation, the score is...Marshals one, knucklehead zero.

Just wanted the chance to "like" this twice. The arm chair critiques are ridiculous. It's like saying you would've handled the situation by waiting until you could take a 1000 yards sniper shot with a suppressed .22 because you did it once on Xbox.

I dont care about the scumbag that got shot.
What I care about is the wreckless marshals that made a conscious decision to use a parking lot full of innocent people for their backstop.
This was an arrest for a probation violation. They could have chosen anywhere to apprehend this guy, they CHOSE to do it in the middle of a busy parking lot.

The marshals got lucky, plain and simple.

Actually, the arrest was for an outstanding warrant on.....wait for it......"Assault on a Federal Marshal". This guy was in the habit of making poor decisions, and got what he deserved. He died, they went home. End of sad (for the dead guy) story.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews