JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw one at Bi-mart the other day. $297 and American Made! I always have thought that Marlin made good products. Now, they are owned by Remington and Remington is also a maker of good products. I think that you would probably get many years of service from this rifle. I agree with with warnerwh about the Nikon Scope. My tired old eyes love Nikons!

I'm pretty sure the short action model is out. I think it's .308, 7mm-08 and whatever else I don't remember. The guys on the Marlin forum will know for sure. It's not a wide variety of calibers but the .06 is just right for almost anything.

It bugged me so I checked. The XS7 is out and the third caliber is .243.

Yep. The Marlin 2009 catalog shows this rifle in 6 calibers - 3 long action: 25-06, 270, 30-06; and - short action: 243, 7MM-08 and 308. This should be sufficient for most needs in this country.

i have an XL7 with a synthetic stock in 30-06. so far my only complaint is how sloppy the action is. does anyone els have any issues with the bolt lugs hanging up a bit when you close the action? my father has a stevens 110 in .308 and the action on it is pretty smooth, i'm assuming because its a 4-lug bolt?

After doing a lot of research I thought I would take a chance on one. With all the accuracy claims I had been concerned it was more hype than not. First time at the range and I hadn't fired a rifle in years I'm getting 5/8" to 3/4" groups and some even smaller. Totally blew me away having paid so little. The load I used was a load developed for another rifle I had. The bolt on my rifle locks up tight and the rifle has functioned perfectly.
I've taken it to the range a number of times now and it's consistent even when the barrel warms up. This is the first 30-06 I have owned that would pull groups consistently under an inch. Go to: Reloader's Nest Forum - Select 30-06 loads for the Hunter or things mediumThe guy tried a number of various hand loads and the took pics of the target with the load listed. 3groups.jpg
Don't think twice about buying one. These rifles are more accurate than most even costing a multiple of what you will pay.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top