JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Which of these if any are worth a d*m? Marlin x7 vs Rem 770 vs Savage axis vs Savage 111 FXP3

I've hear the 770 is garbage but do not know about rest I have a nikon scope I will be putting which one I'm to get ao bot worried about the scope they come with unless I shoot it and think it will do the job I want the set up for deer/elk but wondering of any of those combos r worth wasting my money on. So any one who has had experience with any of these please tell me ur thought thanks

EDIT: I have a nikon scope I will be putting on which ever one I'm to get I'm not worried about the scope they come with

Sorry about the spelling doing this from my phone

Savage 111. It is a standard 110 receiver. The Axis has issues with a flimsy stock. Most people who write about them state that they have to open the stock and stiffen it with foam and add wheel weights.

The 111 is probably a DBM type rifle (detachable box magazine) and you should be able to find a lot of after market stocks that will fit it if you want. I'm not sure about the Marlin after market supply or if Rem 700 aftermarket stuff will fit the 770...

for what it's worth, I own a 770 that I picked up for under 300.00 with a cheap Bushell scope and mount on it.

I can still shoot MOA at 100 yards with it. the whole thing about sticky bolt is true but it does smooth out quite a bit after putting some rounds through it.

I know there are similarly priced rifles that people rave about but 770 isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Savage if you like the Accutrigger is most likely the most accurate right out of the box, The package scopes tend to be throw away quality and the plastic stock is not the best.

BUT the barreled action is outstanding.

Buy the cheap package sight it in and your hunting for little money. Put a good scope (250.00) on it and you will see instant results. Put a Boyds laminated stock (around $100-125.00)on it and in three reasonable steps you will have a great rifle. And won't have to squeeze out a grand to do it.

IMHO

you no id put the marlin xl7 up against the savage marlin has been around a long time as well and they got this one right its has the accutrigger as well and locking barrel they kinda copied the savage if you know what i mean:D that why i said id put my 3006 against the savage 3006 and its only 6.5 lbs

This is all good info I just have one more question be4 I decied any one know about the 111 fcxp3 I c bimart has them cheap I know scope is trash but how about gun I know no acur trigger but still any good for 350?

currently own two xl7 marlins 25-06 and 270 win, great shooters and the accutrigger is a plus.
either choice you choose between savage or marlin you wont be dissapointed, shoulder both makes and see what fits you.

happy trails

Just to throw in once more- out of your choices which gun has really ANY aftermarket ...savage. your choice to pay less now and maybe be happy or get a proven platform.

Plus with pricing on CDI I'm getting even Better!! :)

Also on a savage it only takes 10 minutes to change to a better barrel of same caliber or if you want to change to a different caliber takes about an 30-60 minutes(you also have to change the bolt head"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top