JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ranger 103.2 (Marlin Model 80). In very good condition and very accurate. With the long heavy barrel it's very quiet to shoot. $140 WIN_20180323_15_09_49_Pro.jpg WIN_20180323_15_10_29_Pro.jpg

Can a guy buy a rifle like that across state lines or do I need a cavity search and a note for my mom. Also is it drilled and tapped for a scope ?
You can buy rifles across state lines with just a background check. Meet the seller at a dealer in Vancouver and pay the transfer fee.

Can a guy buy a rifle like that across state lines or do I need a cavity search and a note for my mom. Also is it drilled and tapped for a scope ?

I've bought rifles as a private individual (WA resident) across the state line in OR on many occasions. It's really a simple process. You and the seller can do the transfer in either Portland or in Vancouver.

How does that work?
So.....you and the seller agree to meet at an FFL Dealer in either state to make a legal transfer. I suggest a Pawn Shop. Here in Vancouver, WA.......I like Tropics Jewelry And Loan (either, Orchards or Hazel Del). As for in Portland....I like A Cut Above Pawn (Beverton). The costs are not that bad at those three places (last time I checked about $20 or so, for everything).

BTW, I just did a rifle transfer in Salem, OR and the seller chose a gun shop that charged me $25 for the pleasure of an FFL doing the paperwork (recording the transfer) and another $10 for the OR state BGC fee.

Then, there was that time when I tried to make an arrangement to buy a great 22LR rifle in Eugene, OR. But, the seller said that his FFL wouldn't do it because of the OR law. Claiming that I could NOT just do a FFL transfer and BGC in OR and take my purchase home to WA. B.S. But whatever. The seller was getting bad advice. No doubt in my mind, it was because the FFL Dealer was trying to enrich himself. Either, trying to get the rifle for himself or to make me pay for additional transport services to physically get the gun to WA.

Both transactions were at "Gun Shops." Now do you see why I prefer a Pawn Shop FFL? I would mention their names, except that, speaking ill of a possible/potential advertiser, is probably not good for this web site.

Anyway......it's best (IMHO) to call ahead to let the FFL know of your intentions. And, ask about the costs.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I've bought rifles as a private individual (WA resident) across the state line in OR on many occasions. It's really a simple process. You and the seller can do the transfer in either Portland or in Vancouver.

How does that work?
So.....you and the seller agree to meet at an FFL Dealer in either state to make a legal transfer. I suggest a Pawn Shop. Here in Vancouver, WA.......I like Tropics Jewelry And Loan (either, Orchards or Hazel Del). As for in Portland....I like A Cut Above Pawn (Beverton). The costs are not that bad at those three places (last time I checked about $20 or so, for everything).

BTW, I just did a transfer in Salem, OR and the seller chose a gun shop that charged me $25 for the pleasure of a BGC and another $10 for the OR state fee. Then, there was that time when I made arrangement to buy a great 22LR rifle in Eugene, OR. But, the seller said that his FFL wouldn't do it because of the OR law. Claiming that I could NOT just do a BGC in OR and take my purchase home to WA. B.S. But whatever. The seller was getting bad advice. No doubt in my mind, it was because the FFL Dealer was trying to enrich himself. Either, trying to get the rifle for himself or to make me pay for additional transport services to physically get the gun to WA.

Both transactions were at "Gun Shops." Now do you see why I prefer a Pawn Shop FFL? I would mention their names, except that, speaking ill of a possible/potential advertiser, is probably not good for this web site.

Anyway......it's best (IMHO) to call ahead to let the FFL know of your intentions. And, ask about the costs.

Aloha, Mark
Thank you for the good information. Much appreciated!

Just to Add (speaking of Handguns sales/transfers between OR and WA).....

Handguns are treated differently from rifles. For the buyer to take physical possession, the transfer of a handgun needs to occur at an FFL in the buyer's state of residence.*

A handgun could be sent/transported from one FFL to another FFL. USPS is available for FFLs (but NOT for private individuals). It's usually a lot cheaper vs common carrier.

Or

A private individual could send (via a common carrier) a handgun to an FFL (in any State), But, some FFLs don't want to deal with private individuals. And the transport companies, can be problematic (not to mention very costly) when firearms are being sent from a private individual. It's best to research that subject, before you try.

Or

The seller could carry his own firearm across the state line and meet (Face to Face) with the buyer at the FFLs place of business (in the buyer's home state). Of course, all transport laws/rules regarding firearms apply.

*The FFL will be responsible to make sure that the proper paperwork & BGC is done. Then.....if applicable "waiting period." Hint: WA residents, get a CCW.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.