JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have ranted about how I love everything about my model 60 except for the horrible trigger. The only fixes I have heard about involve grinding down certain internal parts, which I am not comfortable with, or a $70 replacement trigger guard and trigger (which I doubt would work as well as I want it to).

Well, I happened upon a guy selling a trigger spring kit for around $30. I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a shot.

Just finished the job and WOW! Crisp and light, two words I never thought would be associated with this rifle. Comes with the four replacement springs, instructions, and a link to a video showing how to take apart and reassemble the trigger mechanism. Very simple. One hint though, the pins on the trigger are pushed out from the right to the left!

Cannot tell you guys how excited I am about this! I have asked local gunsmiths, folks on this site, and searched all over the internet for ways to improve this trigger with nothing to show for it. If you are a model 60 fan, this is for you.

Marlin 60 795 70 Trigger Spring Kit by MCARBO : Gunsmithing at GunBroker.com

I know this sounds like a commercial, but I have no connection with this company other than a very satisfied customer. Just wanted to pass this on to the rest of you.:winkkiss: