Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Marlin Model 60 trigger blues

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Phillyfan, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have a model 60ss, stainless steal with the grey laminate wood stock. I bought it because I miss the one I learned to shoot on as a kid, and thought since I am older and have the money now that I would try to go for something a little fancier. The rifle is absolutely beautiful, and gets compliments everytime it sees the light of day. I have a Sweet .22 scope on it which I can't say enough great things about.

Love everything about this rifle except for the one thing that it seems you can't do anything about. I won't say the trigger sucks, but it isn't very good. Very heavy.

11 million sold, been around for 52 years, and yet the only aftermarket thing out there for it is a couple of stocks. How can a rifle that many consider the mustang to the Ruger 10/22's Camaro not have even one trigger kit out there? I have contacted several gunsmiths who have told me there is nothing you can do.

So frustrating. May have to just give up and drink the 10/22 cool aid.

2. cwegga

cwegga Helena, MT Active Member

3. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

"phillyfan" .... i'v always used the marlin 60 myself, and the last one i bought was in "06". trigger seemed "OK" for a few hundred rnds, then it started pulling a little harder.....teardown, and a good cleaning seemed to help a bunch, but using a little "fiber pad" on my die grinder to clean up some rough edges in "trigger works" did wonders !!!!!

just some thoughts.....steven

4. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter