JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
A recent "upgrade" in my rimfire stable requires me to relinquish this good Marlin "Original Golden 39A" (as marked on the barrel). Shoots 22 Long Rifle, Long, and Short. (I think the magazine holds about 25 rounds of shorts, 15 or 17 Long Rifles). Load it on Sunday and shoot it for two or three weeks.

The good:
Probably 1970's vintage, action as smooth as butter, no cross-bolt safety, has sling swivels, hammer spur and front sight hood. Scary accurate (as all 39's are), with a very good trigger (pre-lawyer good).
Comes with the original Marlin 4X "MicroVue" scope: Steel 3/4" tube, Made in U.S.A., with Golden accent rings ahead of eyepiece and behind objective bell (complimenting the gold plated trigger).
Factory Marlin scope mount base that is "dual-purpose": Accommodates either the standard rimfire 3/8" groove clamp rings (in use now), OR Weaver/Picatinny style rings should the shooter wish a larger (1" tube) scope.

The "bad":
Buttstock is not original, but a replacement ordered from Numrich. Plastic buttplate is Marlin manufacture. A friend had this gun, and the original buttstock had been damaged. I ordered this one from Numrich years ago, installed a figured Black Walnut grip cap, and finished it for him. Two years later he sold the gun to me. I told him that If I'd known I was getting it back, I might have done a better job! Since then, I actually dropped another gun onto this buttstock, so it has a small (1/2"long) dent in it. I did not repair it so as it would be a constant reminder to be more careful. If you are handy with sandpaper and Tru Oil, it will go away in short order.

Bluing shows minor freckling, as somewhere along the line the gun was neglected.

SO! Your chance to get a real "JM" proof-marked 39 from the New Haven plant, and not pay the astronomical price they are bringing now. I consider this gun "Shooter Grade", and the Marlin scope is a nice touch that you don't see too often. My near-new one has a crappier trigger, a stiffer action, cross-bolt safety and doesn't shoot as well. Hence the quotation marks on "upgrade". Recent retail on these guns is around $700

Yours for $325.

P6240310_zps98a7799a.jpg P6240311_zps66f924eb.jpg P6240312_zps27cdb86c.jpg

Sold Pending Funds, and Unklekippy was the fast-draw at 1 hour, 35 minutes from the post. (I think I priced this one way low!) All PM's replied to, and order of receipt noted in case things don't work out.

And...SOLD! To the first man who said he had the money. (Took us 3 weeks to FTF the deal, but we got-r-dun).

Yes, Gentlemen, cash talks, malecowexcrement walks. But if you know right off, the guy ain't spewin', then ya hold it for him on his word alone, because he was the first to speak for it.

To clarify: Above statement made with the expectation that there are certain buyers and sellers who may not understand why a gun would be held for 3 weeks on a say-so from a total stranger, as opposed to instant money within hours offered.

It has to do with what is and should be the etiquette and true faith toward a focus of our mutual passion and interest: That of firearms.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.