JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a marlin model 1894c 357 and would like to know what range is a good range to sight the rifle in at. I'll probably shooting mostly
125 to 140 grain factory loads. I'm just looking for what most folks use for a starting point. Thanks for your help. George

I have a Marlin (not Remlin) 1894C357. I hand load HOR 180gr JHP with H110 and 2400. I have been able to get 1 in at 50 yards with peeps and globe sight from a bench. I sighted it at 100 yd, 2in high at 50 yd, first zero at ~12yd. Will be good up 'till ~125yd. That will be about the same with 140gr. In my experience, the heavier and hotter the load, the better the accuracy.

I'll mainly be deer hunting with it but will also do other shooting which will mostly be between 75 yrds out to 125 yrds. Using 125 to probably 158 grain factory ammo. I don't reload at this point in time. Thanks for the replies. George

I use 125 gr JHP's & sight in at 75 yds, eyes too old for anything beyond that. The last 2 deer I shot have been under 80 yds, not with my 357 rifle though, hopefully this year it happens. Wayne

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top