JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Marlin 1894 with ramp front sights and semi buckhorn rear sights. I love it and them.

I have a Marlin 30AW (336 on the cheap) with post front and notch rear. I love it and not them.

Marlin lists the 336 with ramp and semi buckhorns, is there any way to convert the 30AW to the same sights (ramp front and semi buckhorns)? Anyone have any experience with this or know where to get parts and gunsmithing done?

You could fit a dovetail filler block that would then be drilled and tapped to receive the ramp front sight.
Numrich has the front & rear sights you want, all you would need is to measure the dovetail and find a filler block that fits.

One more unsolicited piece of advise. Dovetails are generally removed from left to right. If you are holding the firearm and looking down towards the muzzle, then you would drift it out to your right side. Reverse direction when installing. You might have to fit (file) the dovetail block, because it might be slightly over-sized.

I have a 30AW and the rear is dovetailed and the front has a drilled and tapped base. Really cheap sights, but interchange with the more expensive ones. The dovetails are the same, and the front base is slightly diff but same distance between holes.

Post a pic of what you have if you can.

I put a Williams receiver sight on my Marlin 1894 in .357 Mag because I have one on my Winchester 94 and I'm very pleased with that sight arrangement. The Brockman winged front sight looked like a fine idea, but it won't fit this carbine.

I have a Wiliams on my 10/22 and like it (after I ordered a smaller aperture). Today I made a major score and picked up a JM-stamped 1894CS in .357 (Woohoo!!!). I won't say what I payed because I don't want the jealous hate mail ;)
Anyhow, I've been looking at the XS Ghost Ring sights/rail combo. Anybody used this?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top