JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't help it, I like it. Had one in my hands in 30-30 in December of last year at Sportsmans Warehouse. Told myself I needed one in 45-70 so I passed on it. Wish I would have bought it......

I mean, come on! How many folks are actually looking for a "tacticool" lever action rifle? My second thought was they're making a virtue out of the necessity to cut costs. That may also be unfair, but I've always assumed it was cheaper to do a Parkerized finish vs. blued.
I agree. I find the idea of a tactical lever gun kind of unappealing, just get an AR carbine at that point. Though this particular one seems less offensive I dont get the full lenght picatinny when any optic on Marlins can and should be mounted on the reciever top. And as far as bluing, wish more companies offered more blued options these days but maybe my age is showing there.

Hoping Ruger makes these soon in 45-70. I have an 1895 SBL, but also have a suppressor on the way and would love to suppress my lever gun.

I wanted to resurrect this thread because I'm eyeing a 444 dark locally. For those of you that took the plunge on a "DARK" model, whatever the caliber, how do you like them ? Is the juice worth the squeeze ? :)

puke-throwup.gif

Aloha, Mark

Ive always been a classic wood and blued gun guy but I like the modern "dark" lever gun.
If the Antis get their way everyones gonna own lever guns for self defense, (then they will ban those next). The lever gun is technically the worlds first "assault rifle" in its own way.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top