JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...or the 1886!

7.jpg

Last Edited:
Mine also. I cant imagine them selling a lot of them but like you said - to each their own.
Sad thing is Henry has a prototype of something similar they displayed at the SHOT Show last year.

I have the Henry 22 that comes threaded and it's a hoot with the suppressor on. The problem is that all these guns without loading gates require ridiculous barrel lengths so that the tube mag rod clears the suppressor when you take it off without having to remove the suppressor every time.

I know you can't really have a loading gate on a 22 lever since the gate would probably damage the bullet seating in the case, but I wish there was an alternative to the rod to push the rounds into the tube mag. I was thinking some sort of tubing filled with shot maybe or something.

I would think, if they thought it was too long, they wouldn't produce it.
Yes, its longer than normal, but "ridiculous"?
I don't know about that.
Rossi's copy of the little Winchester pump 22's used a 23.5" barrel and I never heard anyone EVER complain about the length of the barrel of those guns.
A lot of military rifles used a 24" barrel.
With a shotgun, 24" is actually considered rather short.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, I think this is one of those times that you have to accept that there's a bigger world out there than you initially imagined.

I would think, if they thought it was too long, they wouldn't produce it.
Yes, its longer than normal, but "ridiculous"?
I don't know about that.
Rossi's copy of the little Winchester pump 22's used a 23.5" barrel and I never heard anyone EVER complain about the length of the barrel of those guns.
A lot of military rifles used a 24" barrel.
With a shotgun, 24" is actually considered rather short.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, I think this is one of those times that you have to accept that there's a bigger world out there than you initially imagined.

A 22LR isn't a military rifle nor is it a sporting shotgun. I own plenty of both, my clay gun has a 30" barrel. You gain very little ballistically in 22LR having a 24" barrel. Versus their being tangible benefits in the other cases.

I already explained to you the reason their shorter barreled 22s aren't threaded, it's to accommodate the suppressor.

Yes 30" with a suppressor on a heavy octagonal barrel rifle makes it ungainly for women and children.

Go read an unbiased review of the gun, which I own, it's the main criticism of the gun. They could have engineered a different magazine solution which they also had to shorten so it only holds 10 rounds.

You're neglecting the fact that you're adding length by adding a suppressor which is what that gun was designed for with the threaded barrel.

It's a fun gun to shoot, it's a lever action after all, but 9 times out of 10 i take my SBR'd 22LR dedicated AR. Especially, with smaller shooters.

You're neglecting the fact that you're adding length by adding a suppressor which is what that gun was designed for with the threaded barrel.
...and you're neglecting the fact that you stated a 24" barrled .22 rifle is "ridiculous".
To one who must think all lever action guns can't have a barrel longer than 20", the idea of a 24" barrel is...ridiculous.
I'm telling you, its not.
Just because you think things are all that they've seemed to you during your life so far, due to what's been forced into your brain during that time, doesn't neccessarily mean that's how it really is, or at least guaranteed all of the time.
Open you mind, grasshopper, take in the whole world.
Once you accomplish this, less and less will seem "ridiculous".

ahmmmmmmm

lake-meditation-400x300-300x225.jpg

...and you're neglecting the fact that you stated a 24" barrled .22 rifle is "ridiculous".
To one who must think all lever action guns can't have a barrel longer than 20", the idea of a 24" barrel is...ridiculous.
I'm telling you, its not.
Just because you think things are all that they've seemed to you during your life so far, due to what's been forced into your brain during that time, doesn't neccessarily mean that's how it really is, or at least guaranteed all of the time.
Open you mind, grasshopper, take in the whole world.
Once you accomplish this, less and less will seem "ridiculous".

I never said all rifles. I said a 22LR lever action, meant to use a suppressor.

Do you own one? Have you put a suppressor on it?

I own ~100 odd guns, including ones with much longer barrels.

It's still ridiculous.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads