JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
[NRA 2019] Lever Action! Marlin Dark 336 & 1895 -

0718519A-C912-4D55-B742-DCF4E5D6DA21-768x222.jpg

"Both guns feature a stealthy black parkerized finish, 16.25" barrels, big loop levers and muzzle threads"

Not a lever gun guy, so maybe not fair, but my first thought was "sales gimmick looking for a market". I mean, come on! How many folks are actually looking for a "tacticool" lever action rifle? My second thought was they're making a virtue out of the necessity to cut costs. That may also be unfair, but I've always assumed it was cheaper to do a Parkerized finish vs. blued. Needless to say, I have no intention of getting one. Later.

Dave

Looks good to me, now if they would produce it in .357 mag and have it in the stores at the same price as 30-30's.
I'm irritated by the ~$200. premium for the pistol caliber carbines.
Love the threaded barrel, so cheep to add this feature during manufacture.

On the Hill People Instagram page there are a lot of promotional photos that show someone hunting with a suppressed lever action with a red dot. It is odd to see and destroys the romance of the design but I can see where it would be very practical for brush hunting.

Don't forget Mossberg has been making and selling these for a while now.

upload_2019-5-4_12-20-12.jpeg

I love everything about this rifle but highly doubt I will ever purchase one. Not sure what the price will be but if anyone gets one and decides they don't like it, send me a PM I have an AK I would trade.
Edit: I have zero interest in the Mossberg eyesore pictured above.

I've been shooting a lever-gun with a silencer attached a lot lately. I only wish I had done so a long time ago. So, this offering looks interesting, though I prefer the 1894 CST currently in the stable.

The Mossberg looks like an abomination though. At least to my eyes, but to each their own.

The Mossberg looks like an abomination though. At least to my eyes, but to each their own.
Mine also. I cant imagine them selling a lot of them but like you said - to each their own.
Sad thing is Henry has a prototype of something similar they displayed at the SHOT Show last year.

So far I have only seen pictures of them - never one in an LGS or in someones hands - and I hope it stays this way!
I've sold two when I worked at Sportsmans Warehouse. They come and go.

Everyone has that squirrelly weirdness in them, some more than others.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top