JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm doing some work on a 336 for a buddy of mine, & one of the things he wants is new sights. This gentleman has shot with open sights on all of his guns for over 50 years. He has very poor vision these days, & is having trouble seeing his sights. When I started talking scopes with him, he responded with "I don't want no dam scope"!

What recommendations can you give me for good sights, for a half blind man, that seems to have a pronounced dislike for scopes? I would like to give him a longer sight radius also.

Thanks!:cool:

I did show him a couple of guns I have with Fiber-optic sights on them, & he did liked them.

Can I get a Fiber-optic rear sight that mounts on the receiver? like I said, I would like to give him a longer sight radius.

Might see if he'd consider a red dot even though it's kind of a scope. I cut the rear portion of a weaver rail so it was the same length as my Burris Fastfire and mounted it on the rear scope mount holes. It's light, doesn't look goofy on a lever gun, at least not as bad as a scope and doesn't get in the way of carrying it by the receiver.

Peep sights?

DSC03804.jpg

DSC03808.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads