JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
1950 Marlin 30-30 336 that has been refinished. The metal is dura-coated black. I am not the original owner so the round count is unknown, I had a gunsmith look at it when I got it up about a year ago, he was surprised at the quality of the rifling and the condition of the mechanics. I have fired 180 rounds through it.

Rifle has:
-CABELAS buttstock ammunition carrier
-WILLIAMS rear peep
-WEAVER K3 (rings and bases included)
-Pachmayer decelerator slip on
-190+ pieces of brass
-LEE reloading dies
If I can find the soft case I'll throw that in as well

SPF
I would be interested in trading for a 45-70 Marlin, A bolt gun in a varmint caliber, maybe a S&W M&P .45ACP would interest me also. Yes, I can ad some cash for the right trade.

FTF, WDL and a legible bill of sale for MY records only.

Last Edited:
I know someone in ILLinois who is interesteed,and has a CandR license,which covers firearms over 50 years old,would you be intereseted in shipping to him?
thanks !

Actually the C&R does not cover guns just because they are over 50 years old. It is a general rule, however the firearm must be on the list released by ATF. I just checked the latest list and the 336 has only one listing and it is not this gun.
So to transfer this rifle you would have to employ 01 FFL's on both ends plus shipping.

It would only require a FFL on the receiving end NOT both ends since its a Rifle. Does the Duracote change its original configuration? if so no C&R

Throckmorton the sentence means little without context. You intend is correct though.

To be recognized as C&R items, 478.11 specifies that firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas of such firearms;
Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and
Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.

Firearms automatically attain C&R status when they are 50 years old. Any firearm that is at least 50 years old, and in its original configuration, would qualify as a C&R firearm. It is not necessary for such firearms to be listed in ATF's C&R list. Therefore, ATF does not generally list firearms in the C&R publication by virtue of their age. However, if you wish for a classification of your particular firearm under categories (b) or (c) above and wish your item to be listed, you may submit the weapon to the Firearms Technology Branch (FTB) for a formal classification

I sit corrected.:(:(

I wish ATF would put everything in a clear concise order for researching.

Q: What modifications can be made on C&R firearms without changing their C&R classification?

The definition for curio or relic ("C & R") firearms found in 27 CFR § 478.11 does not specifically state that a firearm must be in its original condition to be classified as a C&R firearm.

However, ATF Ruling 85-10, which discusses the importation of military C&R firearms, notes that they must be in original configuration and adds that a receiver is not a C&R item. Combining this ruling and the definition of C&R firearms, the Firearms Technology Branch (FTB) has concluded that a firearm must be in its original condition to be considered a C&R weapon.

It appears the 336 of that age is a C&R firearm.

FYI - the original factory recoil pad is about 40 bucks

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.