Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Marlin 1894C .357 Magnum Lever action

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by PMC, Mar 24, 2013.

1. PMC

PMC Lynnwood Active Member

SOLD

2. corvus

corvus Portland, OR Member

Approximately when was this manufactured?

3. bigboy67

bigboy67 Milwaukie Active Member

Looks like it has the newer style stock and a cross bolt safety, no? If so its a 1894CS, not 1894C. What are the first two digits of the serial#?

4. CascadeSam

CascadeSam Portland Oregon Active Member

"cycles like butter" - that is very good and they should all cycle like yours. I have tested out about four of the very few new 1894s that occasionally show up in lgs and the actions felt like a hand-cranked coffee grinder having a really bad day.

5. PMC

PMC Lynnwood Active Member

You're right it is an 1894CS and does have the cross-bolt safety. First four of the serial are "MR10" and it is a Remlin made in Ilion, NY. Despite that, I still feel the asking price is fair. This gun was made right, cycles perfectly, and is smooth like glass.

6. CascadeSam

CascadeSam Portland Oregon Active Member

During the past few months with ammo shelves being mostly empty I noticed that BiMart still had .38 special and .357 available. Those two calibers exiting an 18" barrel pack a solid punch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.