JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Koonce Custom Guns did the work on this. I think this is the Marlin they should have made back when they were making guns worth buying. It's not for everyone though. This one was made in 2008. I run this with an SWR Trident 9 and it is comically quiet with off the shelf .38 specials. It's quieter than any other gun I have and that includes several .22s. That big, .358 bullet hitting the target makes a louder noise. This gun makes giggles and smiles like no other gun I've ever shot or been around.

According to the ballisticsbytheinch website, 16" is optimum for the .357 ammo out there on the shelf too so it's still one of the coolest deer rifles you'll ever carry.

100_3871.jpg

I had the barrel cut down to 16" and threaded 1/2-28

100_3867.jpg

The barrel bands removed by trimming the forearm and cutting 2 dovetails and adding the saddles, screws and forearm cap, trimming the mag tube...

100_3868.jpg
Before
100_2033.jpg
100_1207.jpg
100_1211.jpg

There is a Skinner sights 1895 peep sight with inserts and taller front sight blade to clear the suppressor

100_3865.jpg
100_3866.jpg

Also an XS sights scout rail. For some reason XS made these as as a Weaver rail so my LaRue Aimpoint mount wouldn't fit. I had one spot clearanced to fit the Larue or other Picatinny accessory.

100_3869.jpg
100_3870.jpg

$900.00 Sold

I wasn't using my Primary Arms red dot so I put it on this. It doesn't co-witness, if you're wondering. I'm going to be at TCGC tomorrow, 11/6 sighting in the red dot so if you see me there stop in and say hi. I'll have the suppressor on it so you can see why I did what I did.:s0155:

*edit* you guys missed it. :cool:

100_3901.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
While I'm kind of glad this is still in my safe I'm really close to having enough money for a machine gun and this would put me over the top.

Don't get me wrong though. I will build another just like this one. It is that cool/perfect/awesome....

Sure. Let me know what you've got. I'm really trying to raise funds for a machine gun though so make it something easy to flip... unless it's something so cool I can't live without. :s0112:

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.