JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Treebone Carving could probably supply what you want.

Marlin Levergun Stocks

Thanks much. Those are truly beautiful. (I can't believe I'm saying this because I'm a confirmed traditionalist in the matters of lever-guns, but the black furniture paired with the stainless steel has grown on me. And should likely hold up well in the harsh weather.)

Got mine in.

Noticed how lightweight it was off the get go. I was really surprised at that. Smaller than I was thinking too.

I'm not entirely a fan of the stock. I'll keep an eye out for the laminate version.

The forend is ok, but wider than I'm used to on lever guns. I may swap it for that aluminum doohickey down the road.

Some reason I though XS sights meant night sights. Kind of disappointed that they are not. Especially at the price point.

Held up against my Rossi Puma and my Winchester 3030. The action is much easier to cycle, but I'm feeling underwhelmed with the bolt to receiver fitting for the cost. I feel like at the price point, they should mate up better.

Loading is a PITA compared to my Puma in the same caliber. Holy hell is it a butch to put rounds in the tube. For a near $1000 gun this is disappointing for sure.

Overall it functions and shoots nicely. I had a box of 158 magtech 38spcl FMJs to put through and they were very very quiet through it using the Rugged Obsidian.

Thanks for the in stock notice!

This is going to be a fun fun to plink with!

Got mine in.

Noticed how lightweight it was off the get go. I was really surprised at that. Smaller than I was thinking too.

I'm not entirely a fan of the stock. I'll keep an eye out for the laminate version.

The forend is ok, but wider than I'm used to on lever guns. I may swap it for that aluminum doohickey down the road.

Some reason I though XS sights meant night sights. Kind of disappointed that they are not. Especially at the price point.

Held up against my Rossi Puma and my Winchester 3030. The action is much easier to cycle, but I'm feeling underwhelmed with the bolt to receiver fitting for the cost. I feel like at the price point, they should mate up better.

Loading is a PITA compared to my Puma in the same caliber. Holy hell is it a butch to put rounds in the tube. For a near $1000 gun this is disappointing for sure.

Overall it functions and shoots nicely. I had a box of 158 magtech 38spcl FMJs to put through and they were very very quiet through it using the Rugged Obsidian.

:s0122:

Got mine in.

Mine was also really difficult to load at first through the loading gate. After shortening the magazine tube spring, and chamfering/smoothing and polishing the loading gate/mag tube area, it loads nice now, and some polishing up the wear surfaces on the action, along with a lighter hammer spring made it much nicer to use. I was initially a bit disappointed that it "needed" some attention in these areas to meet my expectations for the purchase price, but after a little time on my part, I'm pleased.

Also, I'm not certain, but may recall when I had it off that the buttstock looked like it may be a laminate that had the black textured paint finish on it. But please take a close look at the unfinished areas inside the tang/grip area, or under the recoil pad to confirm before stripping it if you go that route rather than relying on my possible faulty recollection

Have fun with it. After picking mine up when they first came out, my only regret now is that I don't get out to the range with it often enough!

I am still waiting for henry to bring out a side load gate in 45 colt and or 45-70. I will be hard pressed not to buy one after my Remlin experiences. In the mean time, I am still looking for that Unicorn Remlin that maybe actually had some decent QC scrutiny.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top