JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
(those of you who've dealt with Mark can just picture him grinning at this)

Mark Serbu pisses off the soup nazi
Soup Nazi fires off over guns
Last Updated: 9:58 AM, April 2, 2013
Posted: 1:47 AM, April 2, 2013

Soup Nazi actor Larry Thomas is all steamed up after gun manufacturer Serbu Firearms used his image on a T-shirt and Facebook campaign against New York State’s gun laws.

The “Seinfeld” star was horrified to see his image — along with the phrase “No Serbu for You!” — being used to help promote Tampa-based Serbu’s campaign against the ban on the sale of defined assault rifles in New York. The company, founded by mechanical engineer Mark Serbu, is known for producing the $7,000, BFG-50 semi-automatic 51.5-inch sniper rifle, one weapon banned under the 2013 NY Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act.

Serbu recently claimed online that it refused to sell its rifles to the NYPD, because “We have a policy of selling to state law-enforcement agencies only what is allowed to be sold to private citizens in that state. Since the passage of the NY SAFE act, the BFG-50A is considered an assault weapon, and as such is no longer available to private citizens in the state of New York.”

Outraged Thomas contacted Facebook, Serbu and even the T-shirt manufacturer to complain. He tells us, “I own the rights to my image as the Soup Nazi. Serbu did not ask my permission, and Facebook won’t take the image down. Not only did they do this without my authorization, but also I am an advocate of gun control.”

Thomas added, “I have seen my face on T-shirts, random objects on eBay in the past, but politically this is the most offensive thing I have seen involving me as the Soup Nazi.”

Mark Serbu told us, “I refused to sell my rifles to the NYPD, and when I talked about it online, it blew up like crazy. Everybody liked the idea of a gun law biting the government on the ***. There are only two manufacturers of semi-automatic 50-caliber rifles in the US, and neither will sell to the NYPD. This is like, ‘Screw you, New York.’ People are less safe without our rifles to protect you.

“Larry Thomas doesn’t want his face on our shirt . . . He’s an actor, he doesn’t want to be involved with something as hot-button as guns. We are just going to shoot him. Only joking. We don’t want to get into a lawsuit; we’ll change the shirts.”

NYPost

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR