JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I'm new here. I'm trying to find out some info on this shotgun that I own. So as you can see it's a SxS Spanish made 10 gauge. Showing "Marixa" Eibar on the barrels. Apparently Eibar is a town in Spain. But I don't know the manufacturer. I'm also trying to find out the age, if possible. And what it's worth might be on the gun market. It's been a great gun for ducks, geese, and turkey. Thanks in advance for any and all info. Mark

Marixa 049.JPG Marixa 050.JPG Marixa 054.JPG Marixa 042.JPG Marixa 056.JPG

Marixa Shotguns were made made by Armas Marixa which was located in Eibar, Spain. They made many mid to lower quality boxlock guns for import to the US in the late 1950s thru the 1960s. The few I have worked on had some metallurgy problems along with external finish problems. They used to be a $100 shotgun. These days some of the better versions are $300 guns. DO NOT DRY FIRE a Marixa shotgun without having snap caps in the chambers. They have very weak firing pins which break. They are a major pain in the rear to replace since they have to be hand made.
As is normal in Spain and Italy the parts are made by different families who live in Eibar and then assembled in the factory

Marixa Shotguns were made made by Armas Marixa which was located in Eibar, Spain. They made many mid to lower quality boxlock guns for import to the US in the late 1950s thru the 1960s. The few I have worked on had some metallurgy problems along with external finish problems. They used to be a $100 shotgun. These days some of the better versions are $300 guns. DO NOT DRY FIRE a Marixa shotgun without having snap caps in the chambers. They have very weak firing pins which break. They are a major pain in the rear to replace since they have to be hand made.
As is normal in Spain and Italy the parts are made by different families who live in Eibar and then assembled in the factory
Hey, Thanks for all the information. Greatly appreciated!

I don't think they were in business in '89, but I could be wrong. The date is usually not that easy. I would expect there to be a letter/number combo for the date code, but I'm working off what I remember, too lazy to do the research.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top