JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i was told i had to apply in the county of my residence. except non residents which have to go thru multnomah county.

Residents of neighboring states can go to any county that will accept applications. Multnomah County will only accept apps from residents of the county and WA residents.

I'm 100 yards away from Washington County, but here in Multnomah, I've got an almost two and a half month wait for my CHL interview/fingerprinting with the Multnomah Sheriff Department.

This was when I sent in my application back in January. Times may have grown in the past few weeks.

Can any of you Multnomah Co. guys speak to their turnaround time? Do they like to take their full 45 days or is it fairly prompt?

Renewed my Utah permit, $15 and a little over a week. Renewed my Oregon permit (Benton county) $50 and was told at least 3 to 4 weeks to receive the new permit.

If you renewed your Oregon permit, you should have been given a paper temporary permit when they took away your old one so that you would be legal to carry until the replacement shows up in the mail. Thats what Yamhill County did for me when I renewed last week.

I renewed mine 3 weeks ago they did not took my old permit. The recieve for renew is good as valid carry permit for 45 days.

They took my old one. They also took my picture, so I think they might be updating the format of the ID cards or something. The last 2 times I renewed they didnt take my picture, just used the old one.

Funny story; when I originally got my permit 16 yrs ago, the Yamhill County Sheriffs office did not yet own a digital camera. What they did back then was to walk you into the booking room of the jail and take your picture with the mugshot camera that they used on arriving inmates. I had to wait my turn behind some guy who had just gotten busted for outstanding warrants. It was sure a good feeling when it was over to get to walk out of the same door I entered through, and not have to wear the shiny bracelets!

I renewed for Clackamas online just last month. You can renew up to 30 days in advance. Took around 2-3 weeks to arrive, very please with CC Sheriff. Didn't have to turn in my old one. The new one is a nicer looking license too too...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top