Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Marion Co CHL office a little busy!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Nelson555, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Nelson555

Nelson555 Marion Co. Member

In case anybody was wondering yes they are really busy. called today to set up my appt, The next appt's are for the week of AUGUST 12th. :bluelaugh: I'm thinking I should have it by Oct.

2. Born2hunt

Born2hunt Linn cnty Member

I am so glad I live in Linn county...lol..took me less than 3 wks and got it back already :)

3. Dinged

Dinged Portland, OR Active Member

Wow! That's crazy! Glad I already have mine for Oregon, however my WA permit can take up to another 60 days to get here..

4. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

You can apply at an adjacent county.

5. tamayo

tamayo North Valley, Oregon New Member

Good Afternoon. I inquired with Clackamas County and the response was that I must apply in the county that I live in.

6. Boomerang

Boomerang Portland area Active Member

I'm pretty sure you have to apply in your county of residence.

7. Born2hunt

Born2hunt Linn cnty Member

Yeah thats what I have always heard

8. Nelson555

Nelson555 Marion Co. Member

i was told i had to apply in the county of my residence. except non residents which have to go thru multnomah county.

9. Baggerman

Baggerman Corvallis, Oregon Active Member

Renewed my Utah permit, $15 and a little over a week. Renewed my Oregon permit (Benton county) $50 and was told at least 3 to 4 weeks to receive the new permit.

10. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Residents of neighboring states can go to any county that will accept applications. Multnomah County will only accept apps from residents of the county and WA residents.

11. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

I'm 100 yards away from Washington County, but here in Multnomah, I've got an almost two and a half month wait for my CHL interview/fingerprinting with the Multnomah Sheriff Department.

This was when I sent in my application back in January. Times may have grown in the past few weeks.

Can any of you Multnomah Co. guys speak to their turnaround time? Do they like to take their full 45 days or is it fairly prompt?

12. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

If you renewed your Oregon permit, you should have been given a paper temporary permit when they took away your old one so that you would be legal to carry until the replacement shows up in the mail. Thats what Yamhill County did for me when I renewed last week.

13. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

In my experience with Multnomah Co. They have always arrived early. My current permit is a year old so I don't know about the current Obamarush!

14. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

I renewed mine 3 weeks ago they did not took my old permit. The recieve for renew is good as valid carry permit for 45 days.

15. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

They took my old one. They also took my picture, so I think they might be updating the format of the ID cards or something. The last 2 times I renewed they didnt take my picture, just used the old one.

Funny story; when I originally got my permit 16 yrs ago, the Yamhill County Sheriffs office did not yet own a digital camera. What they did back then was to walk you into the booking room of the jail and take your picture with the mugshot camera that they used on arriving inmates. I had to wait my turn behind some guy who had just gotten busted for outstanding warrants. It was sure a good feeling when it was over to get to walk out of the same door I entered through, and not have to wear the shiny bracelets!

16. traderpats

traderpats MILWAUKIE, OREGON Member

I renewed for Clackamas online just last month. You can renew up to 30 days in advance. Took around 2-3 weeks to arrive, very please with CC Sheriff. Didn't have to turn in my old one. The new one is a nicer looking license too too...