Reactions
This was at the Tigard Winco yesterday:

Retail_Peppercorn_Pink_SN_1.25lb_.png
I assume it is Pacific salmon since this seems to be packed in Seattle.

There are 4 individually packed fillets. This is what I like for a salmon dinner. I've been buying marinated salmon fillets at Costco, but they haven't had any for months - their frozen salmon, when they have it, is not marinated, and often is Atlantic and/or farmed, and the cheapest I saw salmon at Costco was $13.50/pound.

These are not large fillets, being a quarter pound, but that is okay with me - I usually have a baked potato with a fillet, about once a week.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service

Knobgoblin

Reactions
Probably pinks if filet is small, could be keta ( chum) as well. That would explain low cost. Both great fish, both are always wild , both are pacific ocean species.

Great price for any protein of this nutritional quality.

Reactions
Probably pinks if filet is small, could be keta ( chum) as well. That would explain low cost. Both great fish, both are always wild , both are pacific ocean species.

Great price for any protein of this nutritional quality.
Fillet is half the size I am used to, but not a big deal to me. I could always cook two fillets if I wanted more.

I typically put them in the oven and bake them until flaky and firm, then add tartar and cocktail sauce. Fries or baked potato.

Reactions
Yeah - I knew someone would their panties in a twist when they saw that. I do the same with crab and shrimp. especially crab.

Now why would you go and take a perfectly delicious chunk of Salmon and slather it will all that crap?? Let me guess... you douse your red meats with A-1 too, right?

Sinner!
View attachment 1202600
I put mustard and Heinz 57 on non-fish meats. And I cook pork or beef until it is burnt to a crisp.

I do it because that is the way I likes it.

Reactions
I had a fillet today (yes, with tartar sauce/etc.)
I once saw a video of a guy that liked to eat dirt... and ligh bulbs... so if it makes a guy happy... go for it! šŸ¤£

I'm not a fan of frozen, but considering the direction food prices are likely to go soon, it's a very good deal and worth filling at least a corner of the freezer. I think a little tightening of the belt will be happening on proteins and having some affordable variety is a solid idea.

Thanks for the share.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Upcoming Events

Rimfire Challenge
Canby, OR

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top