JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Disgusting.

This is police protection?

A man in his own home, completely emasculated in front of his wife for his own protection. I have sense this could of been me as I would of told LEO to beat feet and refused there comands also.

As an ardent supporter of LEO's I am quite conflicted. just what are they teaching cops these days, there set of guidelines suck.

Same deal as our schools now; Zero tolerance. Looks to be a serious breach of use of force escalation. Don't interject common sense, just cuff him, stuff him and put him down if he "resists." Give this another decade or so and the use of force rules will be totally out of control where we wind up kind of like the movie "i-robot." We'll have to kill of few of you to save you from yourselves and your unacceptable "behaviour."

If there's one thing I've learned from this story and a host of others out there, it is NEVER call the police. They will almost never arrive in time to truly assist you, and when they do show up, there is a realistic possibility one of them will be some imbecilic goon looking for ANY excuse to exercise physical authority over you.

And if, by law, you MUST contact the police, do not make the mistake that they are there to assist you - even when all the evidence suggests you're the good guy in the situation. Always make sure you have an attorney present as soon as possible, and say absolutely nothing until your attorney arrives. And I find it disgusting to have to say that, since I feel most attorneys care more about their client's wallet than their actual civil rights.

And - God-forbid - if you have to call paramedics or the fire department for some reason, only do so in an absolute life-or-death emergency, and remember to keep your mouth shut and your emotions in-check at all times. Your loose lips could seriously sink your ship!

Until we start seeing good cops holding bad cops responsible for their actions, that seems to be your only safe option today (sorry LEOs).

It really seems like there are getting to be more and more police officers out there who are incapable of distinguishing good guys from bad guys. Or maybe this has always been the case, but we're just seeing more examples of it. The view of some officers seems to be that all civilians are essentially bad guys, and with the right amount of authoritative belligerence or heavy-handed coaxing, they'll find the petty excuse they need to prove it to themselves so they can treat you like a dog instead of a human being.

What a sad state of affairs things have come to in this great country! All good LEOs should be ashamed and outraged by this! :(

I have been a strong financial supporter of Law Enforcement for many years. I have donated extensively to the Police Officer's Memorial Fund and to various police charities, and I am a honorary member of the Oregon State Sheriff's Association. The fact is, I am now really beginning to question what it is I have been supporting all these years.

To our many decent and honorable LEOs out there, I would humbly ask that you please take-to-heart the famous quote by Edmund Burke: "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

If there's one thing I've learned from this story and a host of others out there, it is NEVER call the police. They will almost never arrive in time to truly assist you, and when they do show up, there is a realistic possibility one of them will be some imbecilic goon looking for ANY excuse to exercise physical authority over you.

And if, by law, you MUST contact the police, do not make the mistake that they are there to assist you - even when all the evidence suggests you're the good guy in the situation. Always make sure you have an attorney present as soon as possible, and say absolutely nothing until your attorney arrives. And I find it disgusting to have to say that, since I feel most attorneys care more about their client's wallet than their actual civil rights.

And - God-forbid - if you have to call paramedics or the fire department for some reason, only do so in an absolute life-or-death emergency, and remember to keep your mouth shut and your emotions in-check at all times. Your loose lips could seriously sink your ship!

Until we start seeing good cops holding bad cops responsible for their actions, that seems to be your only safe option today (sorry LEOs).

It really seems like there are getting to be more and more police officers out there who are incapable of distinguishing good guys from bad guys. Or maybe this has always been the case, but we're just seeing more examples of it. The view of some officers seems to be that all civilians are essentially bad guys, and with the right amount of authoritative belligerence or heavy-handed coaxing, they'll find the petty excuse they need to prove it to themselves so they can treat you like a dog instead of a human being.

What a sad state of affairs things have come to in this great country! All good LEOs should be ashamed and outraged by this! :(

I have been a strong financial supporter of Law Enforcement for many years. I have donated extensively to the Police Officer's Memorial Fund and to various police charities, and I am a honorary member of the Oregon State Sheriff's Association. The fact is, I am now really beginning to question what it is I have been supporting all these years.

To our many decent and honorable LEOs out there, I would humbly ask that you please take-to-heart the famous quote by Edmund Burke: "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

Good post.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top