JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm feeling a bit grouchy today.

The Oregon state law says that permits will be delivered within 45 days. Today is day 45 and no permit. Is there an oversight body that monitors whether counties are complying with the state law?

Unless the Marion County sheriff CHL unit is very busy I have the distinct impression that they are not making any particular efforts to comply. Quite the contrary. Forum members note that Marion County routinely delivers on day 44 or 45.

In this case I received notice on day 40 to go to the OSP for a redo of fingerprints as those done at the Sheriff's office were rejected--something anticipated by the lady at the Sheriff's office. I received the notice on Saturday and delivered the OSP prints to the Sheriff's office on Monday.

Twenty additional dollars later it is confirmed I have no fingerprints. The lady that did the original prints at the Sheriff's office was aware of this and it seems that she could have been proactive in an effort to meet the 45 day mandate.

Up here in Washington they have 30 days but, from what I understand, it's 30 days to issue, which means they can mail it out on day 30. Might be the same down there.

Not interested in being confrontational, though if asked to be part of a class action that would work. I do get annoyed when laws are written and not enforced. From what I read the sheriff has 45 days, no if ands or buts delineated.

48 days and counting.

Yeah, something's going on. I received mine from Marion County within two weeks of applying back in 2008. I was amazed at how fast it came. Of course, it's a different Sheriff now....

Not interested in being confrontational, though if asked to be part of a class action that would work. I do get annoyed when laws are written and not enforced. From what I read the sheriff has 45 days, no if ands or buts delineated.

48 days and counting.

I got mine on the 48th day. I wouldn't sweat it too much. Yes, the law says they have 45 days, but most likely you are a day or two away from getting it so why rock the boat.

It's another Obama election year, and there's probably a bunch of people running applications through (which is a good thing, especially in Oregon) and that's probably where the delay is coming from.

Just my .02

Yeah, I'm hoping that the issue has to do with big demand. I just escaped California and want to see as large a shooter voting base here as possible to prevent the metro areas doing the same thing to Oregon. Can't sell a bogey man to informed people.

Ha! Pietro you may have the answer. My record is so spotless that they are probably scratching their heads wondering how such a boring person could actually exist and digging deeper thinking something nefarious has to be going on. :s0114:

I don't buy the "busy" angle- the Polk county sheriff told me when I turned in all my stuff they were swamped with new applicants. I received my permit in 22 calendar days- 15 working days...Sounds like the Marion county sheriff couldn't find their *** with a flashlight and a Sherpa...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top