JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is the top rated comment in the Reddit thread:

"This is great, but please act responsibly. No plate carriers, slung rifles or OC. That just gives them more ammunition. We need to adopt some new techniques and not play to the stereotype. Maybe some signs that call out for all rights including women's rights, gay rights AND gun rights and less about "come and take em." Take control of the narrative and away from them. I am probably just in a state of delusion though. Will never happen and we will continue to act like stereotypical gun owners."

"This is great, but please act responsibly. No plate carriers, slung rifles or OC. That just gives them more ammunition. We need to adopt some new techniques and not play to the stereotype. Maybe some signs that call out for all rights including women's rights, gay rights AND gun rights and less about "come and take em." Take control of the narrative and away from them. I am probably just in a state of delusion though. Will never happen and we will continue to act like stereotypical gun owners."

Walk softly and carry a big stick. IF I go I will be CONCEALING my VP9 and about 90 rds worth of magazines. Lol!

"This is great, but please act responsibly. No plate carriers, slung rifles or OC. That just gives them more ammunition. We need to adopt some new techniques and not play to the stereotype.

'Don't do anything that might trigger the anti's'...this is an old meme that has earned our side exactly 0 points. Appeasement has gotten us no where. NOTHING you/we do to 'soften' our visual impact is going to change their stereotype of gun owners. I'm no longer interested in playing nice with these people.

My opinion. I don't care if you don't like it...

'Don't do anything that might trigger the anti's'...this is an old meme that has earned our side exactly 0 points. Appeasement has gotten us no where. NOTHING you/we do to 'soften' our visual impact is going to change their stereotype of gun owners. I'm no longer interested in playing nice with these people.

My opinion. I don't care if you don't like it...

Okay, but we are talking about trying to win an election . . . just sayin . . .

You will never win an election in this state, the other side owns it, and it will take their civil war to change things.
But then I ramble, What I joined up to this forum to say is, Johnny Tremain will be there at high noon. When you see me, come and say your from this forum.

The only weapon Im bringing is my mouth.
Its always locked and loaded

You will never win an election in this state, the other side owns it, and it will take their civil war to change things.
But then I ramble, What I joined up to this forum to say is, Johnny Tremain will be there at high noon. When you see me, come and say your from this forum.

The only weapon Im bringing is my mouth.
Its always locked and loaded

Gotta pic of yer mug? I'll say hello if I see ya and I won't bring any fishies with me this time...
IMGP0226.JPG

Honestly, a bunch of dudes standing around looking mean, tough, and belligerent is exactly what the other side hopes for. They get tons of photos to use in future articles about gun control. I recently saw a photo of one rally with some guy holding an AR15 with an obviously full seated magazine -- you could see the cartridges in the window -- with a condom over the end of the barrel. An image like that is just marketing gold for the anti 2A crowd. https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/x..._publish_494/38bb3a2e858c8e363140a5099d1b2818

Show up looking clean and friendly -- like any regular person you might meet during the day -- that would be so much better. The tactic of showing up armed hasn't worked since the Black Panthers tried it in CA, resulting instead in the passage gun control legislation Reagan signed: Mulford Act - Wikipedia The tactic of showing up armed and tough, has been failing for half a century and there is no reason to think it won't continue to fail. http://thepriceofsafety.weebly.com/uploads/2/7/5/6/27566015/5718767_orig.jpg

I recently saw a photo of one rally with some guy holding an AR15 with an obviously full seated magazine -- you could see the cartridges in the window -- with a condom over the end of the barrel. An image like that is just marketing gold for the anti 2A crowd. https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/x..._publish_494/38bb3a2e858c8e363140a5099d1b2818
There may be plenty of time for this, eventually. But I agree, showing up as a Patriot, groomed, articulate, courteous, and well concealed, that's the way to go. Carrying a sign about civil and equal rights and protections under the Constitution and BoR, a version of the American Flag, Gadsden Flag or Bedford Flag...

The message should be this is an attack on Civil Rights, those protected in the Bill of Rights. That's the message that needs to get out. Not a condom on the barrel of an AR...

Just one schmucks opinion...

Alright but I'm gonna wear one of my favorite 2A shirts them...Help me decide...:D
View attachment 451873 View attachment 451874 View attachment 451875 View attachment 451876 View attachment 451877

I like the red one best for a couple reasons: 1) It has a clear positive and thoughtful message, 2) it is in no way belligerent.

The funniest one and my favorite, is the last one (the whiny little bubblegum shirt). HOWEVER -- it is absolutely the wrong shirt to wear to a rally because it doesn't contain a positive message, it uses sexist language, and it uses an image which sends many people into fear mode and thus makes them unreachable. Every single aspect of that shirt is an Anti's wet dream for marketing purposes.

The PC shirt is just a random insult and does not have a positive gun message.
The one with latin is in latin and thus meaningless to most, including me.
The one about the AR15 and government projects a dark, fearful, and frightening image -- civil war etc. Not helpful at a rally.

It's French meaning, if you want peace prepare for war.
I hope you are indulged.:)

Many that attend these rallies do not go to be pacifist, not will I.

I suppose it depends on what your goal is. My hope is that people would see these rallies as an opportunity to transmit a positive image about gun ownership so that those one the fence tilt to our side. Projecting a menacing or belligerent image will likely tilt them into the anti camp. Probably get a better turnout too -- the condom tipped loaded AR is a bit of a turn off.

I attended the one in Salem last week. The organizer did not specifically call for no open carry, but there were a number of comments similar to what Reddit suggested. I saw a couple of handguns openly carried and three dipschits with AR's that looked like they had never been fired. One thing I have learned about liberals that seems to be an almost universal trait is that they do not know how to respond to civil discourse. Try being very nice to one of them when discussing a controversial issue and they will almost always go ballistic when faced with facts. Kindness confuses the hell out of them. It's not easy to do sometimes, but I try.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top