JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tentative considering weather I'd like to schedule another of our "Adopt a Range" clean ups for Saturday March 13th from 10-2. If you are unfamiliar with this, more info about what we are doing can be found here...
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14471
If interested in coming to help, I suggest bringing sturdy shoes and gloves. Also shovels, rakes and buckets are handy if you have them. The quarry should be closed to shooting during this time and will reopen as soon as we finish. All are welcome to come help out and if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask here or PM me.

Last Edited:
I'm surprised that people even bother going to the gun shows anymore, unless they're one of the sellers that don't want to bother selling.
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25457

I see your point. I don’t blame you for not caring much for gun shows any more. Most of 2009 I felt that way, too. But, for me, they have become more like a place where I have an opportunity to talk guns. Forums are ok but too impersonal and it grows old after a while. You will notice I post a lot for a few days and then I go away for weeks. I know three other people at work who do guns but I do not feel free to discuss much with them (I am constantly looking over my shoulder). I get a lot of crap over a NRA sticker on my car. My pre-gun days friends could not care less about my hobby. Even my buddy who got me into it lost interest and has moved on, besides, he mostly got stuck with the cheap Russian military armament and never made the jump beyond a G17. At the range I shoot a lot and talk little. G-shows are the only place I find I can freely socialize and talk guns with like minded people.

Also, g-shows help me get better acquainted with a firearm before I put it in my “to-buy” list. My collection is still quite puny compared to, let’s say, PBP. :winkkiss:

And, if I am going to spend money, I'd rather support the local FFLs than out-of-state online folks.

I see your point. I don’t blame you for not caring much for gun shows any more. Most of 2009 I felt that way, too. But, for me, they have become more like a place where I have an opportunity to talk guns. Forums are ok but too impersonal and it grows old after a while. You will notice I post a lot for a few days and then I go away for weeks. I know three other people at work who do guns but I do not feel free to discuss much with them (I am constantly looking over my shoulder). I get a lot of crap over a NRA sticker on my car. My pre-gun days friends could not care less about my hobby. Even my buddy who got me into it lost interest and has moved on, besides, he mostly got stuck with the cheap Russian military armament and never made the jump beyond a G17. At the range I shoot a lot and talk little. G-shows are the only place I find I can freely socialize and talk guns with like minded people.

Also, g-shows help me get better acquainted with a firearm before I put it in my “to-buy” list. My collection is still quite puny compared to, let’s say, PBP. :winkkiss:

And, if I am going to spend money, I'd rather support the local FFLs than out-of-state online folks.

I can do that at local gun shops, seeing as they have recently had better selections than the meager and unpurchasable "collections" that gun shows offer, and you have to pay a substantial amount in parking, gas, etc. Even if you take MAX, it's unreasonably expensive.
I'd much rather just talk on here, and not get personal.

I can do that at local gun shops, seeing as they have recently had better selections than the meager and unpurchasable "collections" that gun shows offer, and you have to pay a substantial amount in parking, gas, etc. Even if you take MAX, it's unreasonably expensive.
I'd much rather just talk on here, and not get personal.

Whatever works for you.

Anyway, I won't mind skipping a show, or I can drop by Friday or Sunday. Doesn't need to be Saturday. I'd rather shoot. :)

I was hoping I could but I can't.

Happily an opportunity to work and earn some money came up for tomorrow. Works been slow, so I am not passing on much.

Sorry I will try to make the next one.:)

I was hoping I could but I can't.

Happily an opportunity to work and earn some money came up for tomorrow. Works been slow, so I am not passing on much.

Sorry I will try to make the next one.:)

No worries. I hear ya on things being slow. Do what cha gotta do man, we'll see you next time.

I might make it, have two friends who want to go shooting. I have never been out there but, I will talk them into coming.
I will have trash bags, rake and shovel.
If you hear shouting and honking come find me
I have learned from you guys, keep it up.
I like the idea of a tarp to catch brass.

I will be in my pickup so will have room to carry lots of bags out.

Thanks to all who came and helped out on this project. It turned out very nice with all the extra help we recruited from the party of shooters who showed up. To the members from NWFA that came out, you have my gratitude, it was nice seeing and meeting all of you. The snow was certainly a surprise this morning but most of it melted off by the time we were finishing up. Here are some pictures I snapped of the results of our effort.......

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0045-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads