JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually, here in WA a "good shot" will result in no prosecution, or the state will pay the freight..RCW 9A.16.110. Because the DAs understand this, it usually results in no prosecution.

I'm talking about civil suit by family and friends. They can sue no matter the legal status. Even if you have a great case it will cost to get rid of them.

Outside of general legal, moral or ethical questions, one of the first things we were taught in firearms home defense class is that even a good shoot is going to cost $40,000 in civil legal fees.

That's another great way to scare average people away from guns. After all, only the well-off can afford the legal defense, even in a fully righteous self defense shoot.

If you are in your personal dwelling, your business, or anywhere you may feel your health and safety is threatened outside those, you can respond in any manner you feel is appropriate and available to you at the time. Yes, you can shoot a unarmed intruder, and it still can be a good shot.

You are correct in that if someone were to simply trespass on my land, my first response cannot be to just shoot the person. However, I find OC completely sufficient so far in those cases. Only a fool would challenge an openly armed man. But should they challenge me...I do have the RIGHT to defend myself if I feel threatened...and they do not have to be armed themselves for me to defend myself with my weapons, I only need to feel threatened.

Who am I going to try fight? I'm over 65 years old and had polio when I was 6. It was not so bad that I had to spend my life in a wheel chair, but it did effect my co-ordination, so I do not try fight anyone.

Got it. The rules of engagement still apply and a judge would consider your individual circumstances and you ability to fight back. :s0155:

Well if they make it past a 120 lb bloodhound, they are a threat. The dog was their warning. I'm also looking for a 200-250 lb Mongolian Mastiff but they are hard to find. I highly doubt i'll have to ever shoot anyone nor do i want to. Father of four has one extra kid to my 3, Do you really think a 40,000.00 dollar threat of "civil lawsuit" really scares me? You cant get blood out of a turnip. I dont have 40k cash but what happens happens. I will sleep just fine even if they "hold" me in the county jail until i get cleared. As long as i know that my kids woke up the next morning safe and off to conquer the world i can live with myself and not lose any sleep over some idiot that got past fencing and big dogs and wasnt smart enough to turn around and run for their lives. I will not wait 30 minutes for a sheriff or wait until they start breaking my door down. Too much can happen too fast once someone is inside your home. That isnt a chance i'm willing to take with my family.

Many of my neighbors have exactly such signs, and enjoy the same safety I do.

Weapons are not the only way to remain safe. "When all you have is a hammer..."

Now vanish, troll. You're boring me. Nothing you say is new, it has not gained any truth in spite of the endless reputation, and none of your innuendo or implications have gained any weight since the last time they showed up. It's all been said before, and it's been said better.

I feel sorry for you.

I call BS BS BS.... you are a BSer. I will apologize when you take pictures of such fictional signs on your neighbors and your homes.

Tell ya what, if was 65 went out to my yard, to find two young people stealing from me, if they acted in any form of aggression toward me, I'd follow this guys lead and shoot them. Sure if they are attempting to flee, no, but this guy had been robbed a number of times by these druggies, why would they stop now. And seems the sheriff knew about the problem too.

working, you need a class. Folks in your yard do not fullfill at least two prongs (of four) that you need to justify homicide.

It's not the prowlers in your yard upsetting you. It's a combination of fear and what you don't know.

I did not say I was going to kill them, but non the less they are a threat. They are in one of your lines of security and thus you should be more aware. And yes you start the action plan.

My point was the slow erosion of common sense justice; for example, an uninvited person/prowler is on your property and trips on a skateboard and the owner gets sued and screwed. What ever happened to the fact if he was not there it would not of happened. That is what is wrong.

Now do you understand my point? I hope it helped.

Another example:
Its the guy who in downtown Eugene stabs a guy 21 times, gets arrested and the next day is let out of jail because "a judge" felt he was not a threat and he felt he would show up for his court date and because of "budget cuts" then they are surprised when this guy does not show up.

That is what is wrong.

Sure go ahead let the criminals out of jail just as long as they don't live next to me. right?

"To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Case in point...Jammer Six posts. :s0112::s0114::s0112::s0114::s0112::s0114:

I'm talking about civil suit by family and friends. They can sue no matter the legal status. Even if you have a great case it will cost to get rid of them.

Anyone can sue anyone else at any time. First thing is, they have to find a lawyer that will take their case, they have to be willing to put up considerable money themselves (no lawyer will take a "good shot" case on contingency) and then, the suit will be thrown out of court as soon as it gets to the judge...and the plaintiff's lawyer might even be disciplined. At least that is what will happen in WA, and I have no reason to believe OR is any different.

How do I know about "frivolous suits" I was the defendant in one. The Judges statement to the plaintiff's lawyer was..."why was this suit brought before me? Why are you wasting my time?" And then fined the lawyer $5k

Anyone can sue anyone else at any time. First thing is, they have to find a lawyer that will take their case, they have to be willing to put up considerable money themselves (no lawyer will take a "good shot" case on contingency) and then, the suit will be thrown out of court as soon as it gets to the judge...and the plaintiff's lawyer might even be disciplined. At least that is what will happen in WA, and I have no reason to believe OR is any different.

How do I know about "frivolous suits" I was the defendant in one. The Judges statement to the plaintiff's lawyer was..."why was this suit brought before me? Why are you wasting my time?" And then fined the lawyer $5k

I'll bet those type of judge's are few and far between

I'll bet those type of judge's are few and far between

It's like real estate. Location, location, location.

There is a reason I don't live in a liberal county. There is a reason I live in a small town, in a very rural county, and would love to move back to Okanogan County where it would be even more conservative (in some respects, anyway).

"To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Case in point...Jammer Six posts. :s0112::s0114::s0112::s0114::s0112::s0114:

I'm still waitin on those pics of the gun free zones on his and his neighbors homes!:bsflag: he's probably having them made up right now so he can stick them in the yard, snap the pic and dig them up as fast as possible so nobody else see's them!!! :s0140:

Just for you, Jammer Six.

You are a self important idiot, let me make my case.
1. The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance; it's the Illusion of Knowledge.
Your "Illusion of knowledge" blinds you.
2. Your anecdotal evidence, reference "your" carjacking situation, is yours, you were there, you made a decision, it worked. You weren't there when this 65 year old man made his decision. Your experience while interesting has no bearing on what this man did, since you feel your beliefs based on your experience (illusion anyone) should rule the day, all you have shown is how small your understanding of law, crime, safety, and life (not yours by the by) is. We all should abide by your views and only your views, cause you know more than anyone else, have I got that right? Really glad you aren’t god, cause you suck at logic.
3. You chose to write in a fashion of quotes, messages, and snide comments that research shows is out of context, Plato, hahaha, really? God you are self important.
4. If you choose to let others steal your stuff without violence, good on you, hope ya got deep pockets because this economy is not getting better. Perhaps a little less condescension on your part, wait not possible is it, you view yourself as superior.
5. This gentleman was at home, people came to his abode, they were stealing, he was there, he saw and heard them, his reactions to the situation, he will own them. If what he did was correct then he walks. The perps will never do this again, to anyone, wonder why that bothers you so? Perhaps stopping this type of behavior permanently would make for a safer place to live, what do you think?
Maybe if you post up your address we can provide it as a public service to perps who need this info to continue their ways, doesn’t seem to bother you when it is done to someone else, so lets have them do it to you for awhile.

Oh, others have asked, I noticed you have kept your mouth shut on this one, wonder why?
Please show the signs on your neighbor’s lawns that state they are not armed.
Can't or won’t do it will you?

I await your response; it’s easy to goad someone with an ego like yours.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.
For your part, doubt has been removed, fully, well done sir.:s0155:

Jim

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top