JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Doesn't look good for the homeowner being it happened OUTSIDE his home. From what it suggests, he went out to them.

I think the guy has the right to confront the bad guys and run them off. If the bad guys start threatening him and he fears for his life then he did right in my eyes.

I do not believe we should just stay in our homes and let the bad guys walk off with our stuff.

At 66 years old he probably has tools and equipment that he will never be able to replace even if he has insurance, which he may not be able to afford on a retirement income. If his valuable items are stolen they are just gone and he perhaps loses a source of income if he can't work because his tools are gone. For him, his stuff may be a matter of survival and its theft a life changing event. People act like stealing tools and equipment is no big deal, but it may be the difference between self-sufficiency and being homeless. As far as I'm concerned, if you undertake to commit a felony you are wagering your life that you can get away with it. I know the law doesn't agree with me, but it should.

I think it said he was released on the video, if he went out to scare the criminals off, and then the criminals threatened him, I think he's okay. There is nothing that says you have to hide under the covers while being victimized.

Fortunately, politically, you're a minority.

I'll give up any amount of "stuff" to avoid shooting.

Interestingly, you probably think Father of four's attitude is selfish, but yours may be more so. It's hardly good for your community to allow criminals to get away with whatever they want, but I understand how taking action would cause you to be inconvenienced, too.

Ah, a character assessment more eloquent than anything anyone else could write.

As does your statement. The only reason your family has a degree of safety is because you don't openly advertise your unwillingness to stand against evil. Thieves don't know which houses are inhabited by those who are unwilling to stand up for what is right. You wrongly benefit from the courage and strength of others.

Don't believe me? Then put a sign in your yard that says you don't believe in using guns to protect your property.

Many of my neighbors have exactly such signs, and enjoy the same safety I do.

Weapons are not the only way to remain safe. "When all you have is a hammer..."

Now vanish, troll. You're boring me. Nothing you say is new, it has not gained any truth in spite of the endless reputation, and none of your innuendo or implications have gained any weight since the last time they showed up. It's all been said before, and it's been said better.

I feel sorry for you.

Now vanish, troll. You're boring me. Nothing you say is new, it has not gained any truth in spite of the endless reputation, and none of your innuendo or implications have gained any weight since the last time they showed up. It's all been said before, and it's been said better.

I feel sorry for you.

Are you aware of the rules concerning behavior on the forum? Your name calling is childish.

Allowing a thug to get away with a crime with no punishment simply emboldens them to commit more and worse crimes. If they haven't been to prison yet, perhaps some time in lockup will convince them to change their ways, if they have been to prison before and continue to violate the accepted rules of society then perhaps they can't learn and should be excluded from society one way or another.

I feel sorry for you.

When you read posts that are obviously meant to insult, belittle and denigrate the readers, it is probably best to simply ignore the comments.

I haven't figured out what Jammer's purpose is in these insults.

Is it to make himself feel superior to others?
Is it to make up for something that he feels insecure about?
Or does he simply get a charge out of making other people mad?
Maybe, just maybe, he doesn't know how to hold conversations, or how to get his point across without insulting the reader.

In any case, his often good point is destroyed by his offensive manner.

Back to the topic... I have been the victim of thieves a few times when I was young and in less easily protected places. The rage is terrible. The indifference on the part of the police is further fuel. The absolutely incomprehensible lack of punishment when apprehended is gasoline on the fire.

My take on proper punishment for thieves was gelled when I was a teenager reading Robert Heinlein. The man was an absolute master of intelligence and common sense.

If the thief is hungry, desperate, or stooping to stealing for the purpose of feeding his family, then the punishment should only be hard labor, with the fruits of his hard labor given to his needy family.
If the thief is stealing from someone without that need, then woe be unto him when the rightful owner of the property comes across him in the performance of the crime.

How to tell the difference? I do not believe that there is a way in the heat of the moment.

Therefore, do not steal.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top