JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw one last week that lined it out by state - it's interesting to see it by county. Also very interesting to see the gaps in 'middle' America, where these haven't been supplied. The two coasts seem well protected, for sure.

it is eye opening when a small, moderately populated Co. like Marion needs enough M-4s to arm 2 infantry companys and neighboring heavily populated Co.'s only need 90 each, but totaling enough gear for a LI Battalion makes one go HMMmmmmmmm

I find it interesting that Clackamas Co. when compaired to Multnomah Co, is armed to the teeth. its a much more rural area, i wonder what their thought process is.

Untitled.png

I find it interesting that Clackamas Co. when compaired to Multnomah Co, is armed to the teeth. its a much more rural area, i wonder what their thought process is.
Cheap equipment that isn't going to g0 bad of it just sits. Might as well get it while you can, especially if you've got money to spend. In all Government, if you've got money left at the end of the year, it obvious you have too much in your budget.

Last Edited:
I just checked the map, and it got me wondering about the validity of the numbers. It says Klamath County got 348 night vision pieces. That's more then there is law enforcement in that county! Same thing with Lane county, 490!

I'm trying to find a link to the story, but I caught a blurb on the local news last night that one of the local Sheriff's is sending their 'tank' back to the government folks. He says they don't need it. That would be a refreshing point of view - maybe more will follow suit after all the crap in Ferguson.

I just checked the map, and it got me wondering about the validity of the numbers. It says Klamath County got 348 night vision pieces. That's more then there is law enforcement in that county! Same thing with Lane county, 490!

Night vision also means sights, flashlights, goggles, binoculars and accessories... so lump all that in and you could say you have 25 night vision sitting in your safe, haha!!:D

SWAT Lobby to Congress: Hands Off Our Mine-Resistant Vehicles!
Congressional lawmakers aren't so hot on the idea of military equipment going to local cops anymore, and that makes national police organizations nervous.
In an attempt to counter widespread concern over "militarized" local police departments, law enforcement groups are pressing Capitol Hill to not cut off the supply of armored vehicles, body armor and other military equipment to the nation's cops.
This week, the National Tactical Officers Association, the lobbying group for 1,600 SWAT teams across the country, emailed all legislative staffers in the House and Senate to express that they shared in "our nation's grief" over the events in Ferguson, Missouri
More:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/21/swat-lobby-takes-a-shot-at-congress.html

I wonder if they are truly Assault Weapons (full auto or burst variant) or if they are just standard issue semi versions similar to the what we can buy anyways. Also somthing to keep in mind with all of these vehicles and equipment. they all have weaknesses. an MRAP for example has a brake can that hangs below on both sides, 1 shot with anything bigger than a .22LR and that thing is stuck in its tracks as the brakes wont be able to build up and release the rear end. sure they could overcome this with the engine but they are looking at a top speed of next to nothing. body armor is no different than what we can buy (and you should have some!) Now all of these techniques are just for food for thought and in no way shape or form do i recomend or condone shooting the bright yellow or silver brake can located on each end of the rear axle of an armored vehicle owened by LEO or military.

SWAT Lobby to Congress: Hands Off Our Mine-Resistant Vehicles!
Congressional lawmakers aren't so hot on the idea of military equipment going to local cops anymore, and that makes national police organizations nervous.
In an attempt to counter widespread concern over "militarized" local police departments, law enforcement groups are pressing Capitol Hill to not cut off the supply of armored vehicles, body armor and other military equipment to the nation's cops.
This week, the National Tactical Officers Association, the lobbying group for 1,600 SWAT teams across the country, emailed all legislative staffers in the House and Senate to express that they shared in "our nation's grief" over the events in Ferguson, Missouri
More:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/21/swat-lobby-takes-a-shot-at-congress.html

"You don't want a community to be taken over by one or many criminals,"

fear, fear, fear.... hurry, give up all your rights so you can be safe!!! And sorry if we run over your house and family with a tank, someone had a typo on the warrant.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top