JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
a modern, rational, democratic, first world country comparable to NZ disarming and killing its citizens.. where is an example?

examples of 100 years ago are hardly relevant with respect to what governments could get away with, and how quickly information spread across the globe.

Comparing a Venezuela and Albania to NZ makes no sense either, politically, culturally, economically, they are nowhere near comparable. Like I said in my earlier posts, its like assuming European gun control laws will work in america, based solely on 'history repeats itself'.
Most European country's have disarmed their people, and while they are not currently killing them, the goup who must not be named surely are, raping and pillaging their way across Europe!

The Ukraine is the closest you will find to a first world nation who have been disarmed, and are now getting the snot kicked out of them! Between the seporitists,and the regular Russians, many areas in and around the Crimea have suffered greatly, and this is only the beginning! Once Putin has the strength and the financial backing of the middle east and brokered a deal with Chine, the whole Ukraine will burn in an orgy of destruction so that Russia can rise up again and declare it's self masters of all they look upon!

thats kinda what I'm getting at, I guess, and the Ukraine is a good example of how far down the international pecking order of important nations you have to be, for this to happen.

Its also a good example of how the media of the modern world can throw a wrench into someone like Putin's plans.

Let's not forget Tazmania, where the natives were also slaughtered by the British. The major difference with Tazmania is that they were not just severely reduced in number, they were completely eradicated.

After the British had stolen most of their land to raise sheep, the Tasmanians did start to get violent, and understandably so. That was all the excuse the British government needed to declare them "open enemies", which led to the "War of Extermination".

The British finally rounded up the few hundred that were left and put them in prison camps, where another 2/3 died.

The best part of the story, the real kicker, was afterwards when the British formed the "Aborigines Committee", which eventually blamed everything on Tasmanian treachery and savagery, further saying that their genocide was "natural" and "inevitable".

The British completely destroyed the Tasmanian race and culture because they dared to get upset as the British stole their land without compensation. They literally destroyed the entire lineage of full-blooded Tasmanians, with the only descendents left being the offspring of the women and girls they stole for sex slaves and forced labor.

I really hope the Maori have learned well from their region's cruel and violent history. Between New Zealand, Tasmania, and Australia, they should have more than enough history to show them what happens next. :(

Last Edited:
a modern, rational, democratic, first world country comparable to NZ disarming and killing its citizens.. where is an example?

examples of 100 years ago are hardly relevant with respect to what governments could get away with, and how quickly information spread across the globe.

Comparing a Venezuela and Albania to NZ makes no sense either, politically, culturally, economically, they are nowhere near comparable. Like I said in my earlier posts, its like assuming European gun control laws will work in america, based solely on 'history repeats itself'.
You're right. Examples from 100-200 years ago are not exactly relevant, as governments can no longer turn a blind eye to its citizenry murdering innocent people because of the color of their skin, nor can they declare open season on the undesireables as they have done in the past.

Instead, in the case of the Maori, the government can simply declare their weapons illegal, turning them into immediate felons if they refuse to turn them in. Once they are deemed felons, the government can then use the entire might of their police force to enforce their new laws. It might go smoothly at first, perhaps a few surrender their weapons, and a few resistors are arrested without incident.

Eventually though, someone will fight back and people will be shot and killed on both sides, which the government will then use as an excuse to ramp up enforcement of their new laws and likely authorize the use of more force and more manpower.

The people will have no choice but to surrender or fight back in an attempt to defend themselves. NZ will most likely have a few of its own scenarios like Ruby Ridge and Waco, further angering and alienating those trying to protect their rights. Pretty soon both parties start shooting first rather than talking, and it eventually escalates to an all out war until one side backs down, becomes willing to compromise, or is completely eliminated. It is a vicious cycle that feeds on its own intensity.

Now, for a fun exercise, let's try to think of other countries that have declared (certain) weapons illegal, with your only options being to surrender them or immediately become an felon. Once a person or a group of people are declared felons, the government is now legally able to incarcerate those that don't comply, and possibly even kill those that attempt to resist.

Don't forget that this is all legal, as they wrote the laws that give them the authority to do so.

Last Edited:
Thankfully we have a Constitution in this Country, that said I'm dang glad that we're all so passionate about it's protection.

That is all.

those British also had 100% control of the media and public perception during those events, something the NZ government does not have.
That's the thing though, they do have control of the media and public perception.

All they have to do is pass a law, declare those that resist to be criminals, and now it's a war on crime, not a war on freedom.

Once the news stories start pooring in about the heavily armed gangs and mobs that the police were able to take down, people will be cheering and saying it's about time they got those violent criminals off the streets.

When you have the power to write law, it's rather easy to change the narrative.

That's the thing though, they do have control of the media and public perception.

All they have to do is pass a law, declare those that resist to be criminals, and now it's a war on crime, not a war on freedom.

Once the news stories start pooring in about the heavily armed gangs and mobs that the police were able to take down, people will be cheering and saying it's about time they got those violent criminals off the streets.

When you have the power to write law, it's rather easy to change the narrative.

it might fool some, but the war on drugs here was fooling nobody, regardless of what laws, law enforcement or politicians said. When places like vice news, think progress, the intercept, wikileaks etc., exist, they will be a loud voice trying to debunk that kind of propaganda, even if it's with their own, and their followers will believe that narrative. It's a global game now, involving anyone that is willing to search for an article or watch a video, complete with a narrative that conveniently fits our own biases and ideals, whatever they might be.

But I agree that they will be made criminals, and it could lead to Waco or Ruby Ridge type of standoffs, but doubt that they would devolve into war. It didn't here.

Even though there is underground "truth" the main stream media still controls the news content of >50% of the populace. Even if it were more as long as the government doesn't acknowledge the "truth" their own truth becomes fact given time and repetition, it's called conditioning.

Even though there is underground "truth" the main stream media still controls the news content of >50% of the populace. Even if it were more as long as the government doesn't acknowledge the "truth" their own truth becomes fact given time and repetition, it's called conditioning.
We have always been at war with Eurasia.

1) "I personally support gun rights for everyone, as everyone has the right to self defense. That includes gang members and thugs."
Me too. I was once a patch holder in a "notorious motorcycle Gang" (funny. I thought we just wanted to get loaded and ride our machines. Ref. Blue's answer to the citizen who asks what the bikers want in "The Wild Angels.") I didn't think this prevented me from exercising my rights.
2) "For the record, any government can slaughter their own people without reprisal; they just simply have to declare it legal for them to do so."
Yup. Ref. Roland Freisler. George Washington was a criminal. Adolf Hitler was not. G.W. engaged in revolution and treason against the legal authority of the Crown. A.H. changed the law before he acted.
3) "Albanians had plenty of guns, and still got slaughtered."
Then they died as Free Men shooting back - much better than a bullet in the back of the head after prolonged abuse of you and your family. If you're gonna die anyway make them work hard and pay for it. If you're coming after me bring your lunch and a lot of friends.
4) "All these things happened in front of the whole world, yet no one from any other country stepped in to help!"
We can't expect help either, but that's no reason to surrender. Kapitulieren? Nein!
5)"Most European country's have disarmed their people, and while they are not currently killing them, the goup who must not be named surely are, raping and pillaging their way across Europe!"
Yup. There is no limit to what outrages can be perpetrated on an unarmed populace. That's why the party of treason, sedition, usurpation, and unlimited influx of diseased barefoot illiterates wants your guns. Every outrage is preceded by seizure of the peoples' arms. 2A is our ultimate refuge.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top