JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

I have a Marlin 1894 in 45 Colt that I just got around to shooting, and after cleaning the bore I noticed what looks like a raised ridge in the bottom part of the barrel, towards the muzzle end. This also happens to be right around where the barrel band is located, where both the barrel and magazine tube have a groove cut into them so that a screw can pass through from one side to the other to hold the band on. Does anyone else's Marlin have this issue? This one was made before Marlin was bought out by Remington, so I didn't really expect to see any issues with it. The only reason I noticed now was because I was paying much closer attention to the bore after putting black powder rounds through it. Can/should anything be done about this? I doubt the new Marlin company will take the rifle back or do a decent job of fixing the problem.

20140630_200225_zpsbanpui5d.jpg aa87edbe-56cb-4954-ae8a-99d8f8ec3e19_zps69188fe6.jpg

Well this is embarrassing... after several passes with a brush I managed to work the ridge away. My guess is that it was a lead shaving or more likely a piece of lube/wax that was deposited from the grease cookies in my black powder cartridges. I'm hugely relieved though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top