Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Man's Best Friend Takes It To The Taliban.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 3 AE, Nov 28, 2010.

1. 3 AE

3 AE Oregon Member

2. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Just think of what is going through that dog's mind when that pic was taken.:eek::wow:

3. Deavis

Deavis Mid Willamette Valley Active Member

I am positive this is not the first time for the dog out the door and they use modular training (short simple lessons designed to work on one facet of a finished product) such as jumping off little obstacles first, then the tower, etc. Additionally I am sure these are HIGH confidence dogs (environmentally conditioned acceptance of safety) and HIGH courage dogs (lack of fear toward objects or situations).

I would also strongly suspect PETA knows nothing about canine psychology/behavior, nor are they volunterring to go route out the talibs from those caves themselves.

4. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

perhaps a proposal, for every PETA member we throw out of a plane strapped with video equipment, we'll give a dog away instead

5. andy*

andy* Everson Wa Member

I read that the U.S. Army tried to parachute scout dog teams during the Vietnam war.
    It didn't work out so good as they had to put the dog "under" to get it to jump.
    I wonder what the they do now, maybe toss a cat out first so the dog follows?...
    Andy

6. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

PeTA kills just about every animal they take in. I see nothing wrong with them being used instead. >.>

7. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

:bluelaugh::laugh::bluelaugh: :thumbup:

8. 4dogs

4dogs 3 miles from the range Active Member

And no doubt there is a very strong bond between the canine and human soldiers. +1 to both soldiers!

Interesting article - thanks for sharing it.

9. 3 AE

3 AE Oregon Member

I'd like to think that Warrior Dog was saying to himself "I'd be stylin' right now if it weren't for the 200 lb. wussboy on my back!!!" LOL :D

10. husker

husker portland Active Member

Do supporters of peta know this? Shocking. I didnt know. Not that I support peta or anything they do.
    They rate up ther with tree hugers.

PETA Kills Animals | PetaKillsAnimals.com

11. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

I'm shocked to think even Pam Anderson couldn't see through PETA!