DSG Arms
Sporting Systems
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Defensive Arts
Oregon Rifleworks

Deavis

Reactions
I am positive this is not the first time for the dog out the door and they use modular training (short simple lessons designed to work on one facet of a finished product) such as jumping off little obstacles first, then the tower, etc. Additionally I am sure these are HIGH confidence dogs (environmentally conditioned acceptance of safety) and HIGH courage dogs (lack of fear toward objects or situations).

I would also strongly suspect PETA knows nothing about canine psychology/behavior, nor are they volunterring to go route out the talibs from those caves themselves.

Reactions
I read that the U.S. Army tried to parachute scout dog teams during the Vietnam war.
It didn't work out so good as they had to put the dog "under" to get it to jump.
I wonder what the they do now, maybe toss a cat out first so the dog follows?...
Andy

Reactions
Additionally I am sure these are HIGH confidence dogs (environmentally conditioned acceptance of safety) and HIGH courage dogs (lack of fear toward objects or situations).

And no doubt there is a very strong bond between the canine and human soldiers. +1 to both soldiers!

Interesting article - thanks for sharing it.

Reactions
Just think of what is going through that dog's mind when that pic was taken.:eek::s0001:

I'd like to think that Warrior Dog was saying to himself "I'd be stylin' right now if it weren't for the 200 lb. wussboy on my back!!!" LOL :D

DSG Arms
Cerberus Training Group
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
NW Custom Firearms
Southwest Firearms Forum
Project Appleseed
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Sporting Systems

Upcoming Events

22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond, OR