JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seems to work for steel and other larger targets between 200 and 800 yards for the Manbun and a few of the common lesser has been cartridges like the 308 Geezer*

Assuming a zero at 100 yards if you don't know the dope for your rifle, take the range, divide by ten and subtract 2 to get the number of mils to adjust. For example, for 300 yards it's (300 /100) -2 = 3-2 = 1 MIL.

* That's a joke, son, all cartridges are just fine. Just tweaking the Manbun haters.

Last Edited:
Very cool and a fun presentation.

Yards in hundreds minus two equals number of Mils to adjust. Works out to 800 yards with most calibers that perform roughly like 308.

The secret seems to be a lot like the secret of battle zero: It works because the deviation is small enough within the range of numbers we're working with.

Some (very) rough math for trying this with MOA:
One Mil is 3.599 inches at 100 yards. One MOA is 1.047 inches. For an MOA reticle, I'm going to try multiplying his result by 3 or 3.5. One or the other is bound to work. And it's still easy to do in your head.

Very cool and a fun presentation.

Yards in hundreds minus two equals number of Mils to adjust. Works out to 800 yards with most calibers that perform roughly like 308.

The secret seems to be a lot like the secret of battle zero: It works because the deviation is small enough within the range of numbers we're working with.

Some (very) rough math for trying this with MOA:
One Mil is 3.599 inches at 100 yards. One MOA is 1.047 inches. For an MOA reticle, I'm going to try multiplying his result by 3 or 3.5. One or the other is bound to work. And it's still easy to do in your head.
Sweat that Flops, please report back, interested in knowing. I get 3.5 is easier to use, but would 3.6 be even more accurate as it is less deviation?

Sweat that Flops, please report back, interested in knowing. I get 3.5 is easier to use, but would 3.6 be even more accurate as it is less deviation?
IMO keep it simple - this isn't for precision shooting, but will get you close. From the impact of the Q&D you can refine it from there.

IMO keep it simple - this isn't for precision shooting, but will get you close. From the impact of the Q&D you can refine it from there.
Persactly. If it's not dead simple to do in my head I'll just bring a chart with me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top