JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SOmetimes I forget how freaked out some people get by firearms. Theres this gas station I go to regularly, and once upon leaving the firing range, I had my Beretta M9 in my car. I was friends with the gas station clerk attending at the time so I had him come out to the car so I could show it to him, it was a friendly interaction.

But 3-4 weeks later, today, the manager was finally working when I went up there, and she came out to tell me I can never bring a weapon on the property of her gas station, or she will call the police, she seemed kind of pissed off too at the time. Considering I didn't bring it inside her establishment, outside of kicking me off the property, I don't know what the police would write me up on, certainly not a felony. I didn't pull it out and start waving it around or nothing, I left it in the case and opened it up, just to show it to him. SOme people fail to read the constitution, if I were drunk while possessing the firearm I could understand, but I was as sober as a priest on Sunday.

Personally I'd be more freaked out about the criminals with firearms not a customer coming back from a firing range who has his gun in a locking case. I guess she's part of the Brady campaign though.

I don't know what else I can do other than get my CCW, bring your firearm into an establishment with a no-firearms sign on it with a CCW permit, and getting caught is like a $100 fine.

Heres what it says about open carry in missouri, doesn't appear I broke any laws to be honest.

<broken link removed>

Is there a sign posted stating no firearms? How did she come to know about it? As far as not having your permit...you weren't carrying concealed anyway so I don't see anything there.
Curious to read the feedback on this and to find out if you start buying your gas elsewhere.
Wifey

obvious-troll.jpg

Why are you still here? St. Louis is a LONG ways from the Pacific Northwest.

I thought the sign only addressed firearms inside the establishment, not in the parking lot. I think her sign didn't go as far as she had hoped it would because I obeyed the sign.

I was unaware I had broken any laws though, Im not even sure if I did to be honest, thats why I may have been naive to her being so offended by me bringing a firearm.

Not a kid, far from it, Im almost 27.

I thought the sign only addressed firearms inside the establishment, not in the parking lot. I think her sign didn't go as far as she had hoped it would because I obeyed the sign.

I was unaware I had broken any laws though, Im not even sure if I did to be honest, thats why I may have been naive to her being so offended by me bringing a firearm.

Not a kid, far from it, Im almost 27.

The sign in some states/counties/citys can refer to mean: "Premise's" which is the boundry's under the business owner's / lessee's or renter"s control.

Buy your gas somewhere else.

She is the manager? If you feel like you really really really have to DO SOMETHING,
contact the owner and tell him/her why from now until forever you are going to buy
your gas somewhere else.

First, I'm no legal expert. I'm not an attorney, and I have never worn a badge in Oregon.

But I have had a number of concealed permits in a number of states. As a bigtime weapons enthusiast, I admire friends' toys, and I'm not above sharing peeks of my own interesting acquisitions - with intelligent fellow enthusiasts who I know will handle our mutual hobby discretely.

A gas station owner, a banker (yes I know some laws), a priest, a customer service manager at Walmart, a barkeep - whatever. I don't know anything about them, their backgrounds, their politics, anything. Conversely, they don't need to know I'm sporting a weapon.

I see many, many smart people here online, in the know about all the laws regarding concealed and open carry. But there seems to be one simple rule of common sense that many of us forget: Whether I choose to exercize certain privileges, or not, uninitiated folks lacking any clue about carrying weapons safely and sanely are not going to learn ANYTHING from me today. Not a thing. And it's not my job to teach them.

In fact, I believe it's safe to assume that a certain percentage of strangers (however insignificant) might just have an unreasonable reaction to seeing a firearm in the hands of a regular citizen. Barring a life/death emergency, they simply don't need to know I'm armed. Ever.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top