JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man with a gun? I can top that. At my kid's school, there is a safe with a dozen firearms and thousands of rounds of ammo. The kids are able to pick them up and handle them anytime upon asking and with adult supervision. Firearms safety and target practice are regular parts of the curriculum. There are bb guns and sling shots in their class rooms. The students frequently carry pocket knives, usually starting about the 2nd grade. The head of the school is usually always carrying a firearm. The teacher is also the lunch lady, school nurse, bus driver and custodian and she is more fearsome than anyone who would dare to think about causing harm to the students. Misbehaving or talking back is punishable by few licks with a wood spoon and whining about it to the parents will only make the punishment worse....Yes, my kiddos are home schooled.

My Dad taught High School math, coached football and ended up being the Vice Principal in charge of Discipline (West Bremerton, WA). He always had a carry permit (when they were required) and always carried at school and sporting events. in the 50's, 60's, 70's and part of the 80's it was no big deal. When the School Board, with pressure from the PTA, decided that they could no longer discipline the students anymore (hack paddle), he stopped carrying. I am not sure whether he was told not to or decided on his own. I am sure that he was not the only teacher carrying at school, but they never had a school shooting there. The lack of discipline was the beginning downfall and I think that if left the way it was we wouldn't be having so many now. Once the fear of discipline was removed, the inmates started running the asylum.

My brother and I were his practice dummies for hack paddle design - many great stories. When he retired, they gave him a student/teacher autographed 6' tall hack paddle. I was always afraid that I would run into a former student with a grudge, but everyone that I ran into told me to thank him for straightening out their lives. I now have the paddle hanging on the wall in the rec room and the P-38 that he carried.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top