JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not really a fan of open carrying, or people who do it for attention... or as they state "education"
It's just really stupid tactics if you ask me.
You right? Absolutely. But this statement says it

" if a gunman came in to shoot up the grocery store, and they saw me, they'd think twice about shopping there," he said. "Or, maybe I'd become the first target, I don't know."

Someone will see you, shoot you in the back, now they have one more weapon.

The biggest statement 2A supporters make is buy the amount of firearms sold, and the amount of CHL permits being requested across the nation.

And of course at the ballot box

I have to be honest, and I know I'll catch the ire of hard core open carry folks here, but if I saw someone in a store looking like that guy in the photo in that article with a "sub-machine gun" on a single point sling, I would be very nervous too. I would immediately evacuate my family from the store and want law-enforcement to check it out.

Why? It's not the gun that worries me; it's the motives of the guy packing it. Sure, we can all sit here from the safety of our keyboards and say it's obviously just someone exercising their constitutional rights, but in real life where the safety of your family is at stake, is anyone here really going to take the chance that it's some wacko ready to pull the trigger? He may be completely safe and only a danger to violent criminals, bust the vast majority of normal people don't walk around in public like that, and there's just no way I'd take any chances.

People who open carry with a traditional handgun in a discrete holster on the hip? That doesn't bother me at all. I don't do it, but it doesn't concern me.

I really can't fault the general public being freaked out by someone carrying a "scary gun" like that. No good can come from that kind of attention.

at the salem progun protest earlier this year there was probably 4000 people around me with weapons. mostly concealed. some not. never felt safer in a large crowd as i did that day. we're not the ones people need to worry about:)

Open carry isn't for me, however, if you're going to why wouldn't you put your best foot forward (dress and act professionally) and leave no doubt your one of the good guys. People do judge a book by the cover until they get to know you...we all do.

The problem is mass shooters have pretty much killed the idea of open carry, at least for second amendment activist like those who think they need to carry a rifle while shopping. At this point its not unreasonable to suspect harm or death if you see someone bring a rifle into a grocery store or whatever shopping mall, and recently as one open carry activist found out the hard way you can be charged with a felony for this exact reason.

Lots of good advice on this topic from attorney Andrew Branca.

Just because some conduct is lawful doesn't mean it's smart, and if one's self-claimed mission is support of the Second Amendment, exercising that right in such a way that your conduct can be reasonably be expected to scare the heck out of normal people out in public—each of whom has exactly the same vote that you have—is politically idiotic.

The problem is mass shooters have pretty much killed the idea of open carry, at least for second amendment activist like those who think they need to carry a rifle while shopping. At this point its not unreasonable to suspect harm or death if you see someone bring a rifle into a grocery store or whatever shopping mall, and recently as one open carry activist found out the hard way you can be charged with a felony for this exact reason.

Lots of good advice on this topic from attorney Andrew Branca.

It's almost always young dickheads under 30 who do this sheite.... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
We really don't want our 2A spokespersons to be men with neck beards carrying CZ Scorpions into grocery stores. The few open minded voters in the country will not be impressed, and the optics lends support to the antis' false sales pitch that gun owners are unsophisticated red necks without any actual self defense purpose. The antis will hate gun owners no matter what they look like.

We have an "open-carry" nut walking around town here. It's purely an attention thing. What the moron doesn't get, if I'm going to do a shooting, he's first. :s0018:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top