JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Everyone knows about the primer shortages and I mean all primers. Now Hodgdon is virtually out of powder and all the bullet makers are back-ordered to forever. Even Starline is so far behind they aren't taking orders for some brass right now.

It's pretty ridiculous how everyone is buying up everything they can.

I just got another 250 rounds of 10mm to keep my wheelgun fed yesterday, it was cheaper than I've seen most 9mm going for these days.

I have 200 large pistol and 200 large rifle primers and enough bullets to keep those fed in my 10mm and 30-06, and that's it. I know when they are gone, I'm not likely getting any more for a long time.

Primers are easier to make than smokeless powder. Now that l feel good about my powder stash, I'll be on the lookout for some reasonably priced primers, which you see for sale a lot more than powder. Until people realize that primers are almost worthless without powder.

Once the powder dries up, there will be plenty of primers. The IMR line is imported from Canada, the Hodgdon brand is made in Australia, Norma is from Sweden and that brand that starts with a v from Finland. We have maybe two domestic small arms powder plants.

Last Edited:
2020 was the perfect storm; riots and Wuhan flu. Everybody panic bought firearms which created a panic buy on ammo which brought out the profiteers. When ammo started getting scarce, the more people scrambled to buy whatever they could get their grubby little hands on.

Many new gun owners, each trying to feed their new acquisition, adds up to tons, literally tons of ammo. Then reloaders become frustrated with not being able to buy ammo and begin going after components, but they have competition from ammo manufacturers whose contracts for components come first... Soon the supply starts to dry up...

This is what happens when manufacturing is consolidated, just a couple of three large manufacturers in the states building ammo, and of course the government contracts come first...

Investment in expansion most likely won't be made because such expansion will sit idle as the retail stores, wholesalers and supply pipelines all start to return to some level of normalcy.

The wife always badgered me about buying ammo and components, "you have enough" I would always hear. Now she thinks it was a smart move, considering what's not on the retail shelves...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top