JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I don't think I'd teach my local pissants to be army ants...
What's wrong with your vultures? They gotta eat too.
we have vultures in the area, but the geese don't let them stay on our property
my neighbor tells me there is a pair nesting on the back of his place
there is always the coyote pack and that one wandering cougar

we had a city couple - friends of my wife - came out and camped down by the stream one time
the first howl of the coyotes and they left their camp gear in place and came in to spend the night in our livingroom
haven't seen them back since
and then there's the snakes - we have a rubber boa that lives in our hay bales

maybe this is why we don't have homeless out here - humans are not necessarily top of the food chain here

back in March of this year, Clark County Sheriff announced they are on restricted response

go ahead and try to get them to come out to remote property in unincorporated areas

luckily, we have not seen any property crime in this area, but every property owner I know is armed

Woodland is bad, but is in the next county

when my wife had a 911 medical emergency, it took them 20 min for first responders and 45 min for an ambulance

based on that we now stock oxygen generator and epi pens and other medical supplies at home

and lots of ammo
Its probably never been much better than that. Even in more ordinary times in most American cities, getting a response to an emergency in less than 20 minutes is probably the exception unless you happen to live near the police or fire station. And in rural areas 45 minutes is closer. And to have it otherwise would mean having more cops than are compatible with a free society. I figure cops are gonna do something. If there are too many, that's probably going to be arresting people for going 1 mile over the speed limit. Too many cops is incompatible with a free citizenry I think. Too few and they can't respond adequately even to critical stuff. The right number and they can deal with major stuff, but not fast enough to stop most crimes in progress, even in cities. I think the bigger problem these days is courts that let bad guys loose after cops catch them rather than too few cops.

The job of cops is to catch the bad guy after he has murdered, maimed, robbed or raped you, and thus prevent the bad guy from doing future crimes. If you would prefer to not be murdered, maimed, robbed, or raped, you have to deal with that yourself. I own guns in part to be able to deal with that. I also think everyone should know the basics of first aid so as to render assistance to a fellow human until the EMTs can get there.

I'm reminded of an old Peanuts cartoon. Snoopy is visiting a big city and is standing on a street corner where the sign says "Don't walk." The sign changes to "Walk" but Snoopy is still standing there. Another pedestrian comes up, enters the crosswalk, and says to Snoopy, "You have to move your feet too."

1659124044993.png

what - feeding forest ants is a criminal act?

what is the Washington regulation on feeding forest ants with human bodies

I cant find any Washington state regulations on staking a person who start a wild fire to an ant hill

please forward your research on this topic
Actually, staking captured enemies spread-eagle and naked on ant hills was a common form of torture/execution among Native Americans as far as I know. That approach is certainly traditional.

In these tamer days, however, there are lots of laws about what you can do with a human body or even cremation remains. There might actually be a law against feeding your local ants with a human body. Even if the human is not still in it.

Its probably never been much better than that. Even in more ordinary times in most American cities, getting a response to an emergency in less than 20 minutes is probably the exception unless you happen to live near the police or fire station. And in rural areas 45 minutes is closer. And to have it otherwise would mean having more cops than are compatible with a free society. I figure cops are gonna do something. If there are too many, that's probably going to be arresting people for going 1 mile over the speed limit. Too many cops is incompatible with a free citizenry I think. Too few and they can't respond adequately even to critical stuff. The right number and they can deal with major stuff, but not fast enough to stop most crimes in progress, even in cities. I think the bigger problem these days is courts that let bad guys loose after cops catch them rather than too few cops.

The job of cops is to catch the bad guy after he has murdered, maimed, robbed or raped you, and thus prevent the bad guy from doing future crimes. If you would prefer to not be murdered, maimed, robbed, or raped, you have to deal with that yourself. I own guns in part to be able to deal with that. I also think everyone should know the basics of first aid so as to render assistance to a fellow human until the EMTs can get there.
a perfect example of this was the homeowner in unincorporated Clark Co out near Battleground
an unarmed intruder jumped his security fence and was pounding on his door
the homeowner had to get his firearm and confront the intruder on his porch
in the end, even though unarmed, the intruder attacked the homeowner and tried to enter the home
the intruder was shot and killed by the homeowner - no charges filed
several on this forum criticized the homeowner, saying he should have just remained in his home and called the police
what they don't understand, is the Clark Co Sheriff is NOT going to show up for the initial disturbance
in the unincorporated areas, one has to be willing and able to defend their homes - the Sheriff's office is not going to do that
they will not show up even after a meth head threatens your wife, as we had out here
in one shooting near La Center, even after the intruder was killed and the Sheriff showed up, the Coroner wouldn't come out in the middle of the night
the body lay in that poor old mans driveway under a tarp for over 12 hrs

A whole lot of less than excellent postings...name calling and divisive comments here in this thread.

The thread will be locked if it does not stop.

If you don't like what a forum member has posted....
Ignore it and move on....
Or...
Post a reply , within NFWA rules....Rules which you agreed to follow when becoming a member here.

It may come a surprise to some here but....
Some forum members only post to stir things up....
Others are closed minded...and will not change their ways no matter who says what to them.
It is best to recognize them...and ignore them.
The "discussion" that occurs with them...is a waste of time and cyber space / bandwith.
Andy
Agreed. This entire thread is a complete waste of time. We aren't allowed to talk politics but we can argue the justification of torture….. not self defense but premeditated torture? No wonder the 2A community gets a black eye. Threads like this do nothing to further our cause/mission. Joke or not. Doesn't make much sense to me. This isn't directed at you specifically but I've seen threads locked for much less.

I know this thread is probably all talk. Just gas leaving the body. "Tough guy nonsense." Just something to stir the pot. Heaven forbid anyone here arguing this ever has to use self defense. Cause investigations will produce all of this. And it won't help any of us…

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads