JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

My read based on what facts are stated in these two articles is that this is absolutely not a clean shoot. If the neighborhood man had killed RV guy he would be guilty of 2nd degree murder.
Obviously illegal dumping is wrong, a health hazard, and would make me very angry if someone were doing it in my neighborhood. But in no way is it cause for starting any kind of physical altercation, let alone deploying lethal force. If it had been me I would have taken pictures and the license plate number and reported RV guy to local police.
I thought this article would be a good snapshot of what NOT to do with firearms.

Link insists I turn off my 'ad blocker' nope, wouldn't be prudent...so the illegal dumper did the shooting or both shot at each other or....?

Quick summary: Neighbors had spotted an RV illegally dumping sewage, RV returns to neighborhood and dumps again, a man from neighborhood confronts RV owner, RV guy gets in RV and starts to drive away, neighborhood man then draws and fires into the RV(once at tire, 4 at RV interior).

RV man was not "shot in" head, he was treated at hospital for a laceration on his head. Unclear if laceration is from bullet graze, spalling from bullets tearing up van interior, or some other cause.

@MannyGlocks

Man with a RV was twice seen by the shooter illegally dumping RV waste...
Shooter confronts RV owner...
Argument ensues...
RV owner takes off in RV...
Shooter shoots at RV , striking the RV owner the head...
RV owner in medial care...shooter is in police hands...
Andy

He should have just rubbed his nose in it and called it a day.
I disagree. If the neighborhood man laid hands on RV man first, neighborhood man is the aggressor in a fight. If the fight escalates and neighborhood man had to use force resulting in injury or death to RV man, neighborhood man could be convicted of a crime up to 2nd degree murder.

RV guy is clearly a jerk and deserves punishment, but deciding to administer that punishment yourself is very risky, both physically and legally. Let police do their jobs.

I disagree. If the neighborhood man laid hands on RV man first, neighborhood man is the aggressor in a fight. If the fight escalates and neighborhood man had to use force resulting in injury or death to RV man, neighborhood man could be convicted of a crime up to 2nd degree murder.

RV guy is clearly a jerk and deserves punishment, but deciding to administer that punishment yourself is very risky, both physically and legally. Let police do their jobs.

Check the batteries in your sarcasm meter.

Poe's law says it is nearly impossible to tell on the internet sarcasm from someone speaking in earnest.
Internets is normally not serious business, but IMHO discussing firearms, lethal force, and fighting is.
Didn't mean to offend, just wanted to put up there that starting fights can be dangerous and is a bad idea in my opinion.

Shooter is a damn idiot and deserves everything coming to him.
He gives the rest of us respectable gun owners a bad name.
Waat if he killed the driver of the RV, or someone else inside?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top