Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Man shot in face after confronting "road rage" driver

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by boarder4life81, Jul 17, 2012.

1. boarder4life81

boarder4life81 Eugene, Oregon Active Member

So all the details about this incident (Sheriff: Man shot in face during confrontation over 'road rage' | Local & Regional News for Eugene, Springfield Oregon | Eugene News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KVAL CBS 13) haven't been released yet, but so far here is what I have surmised happened. Old man made a bad driving call (they say "road rage" but fail to go into any detail on what that might have been). 24 year old tracks down man to his home, confronts man with 3 other friends. Old man, being outnumbered and muscled, feels threatened and defends himself in front of his home. I'm actually find it difficult to put into words the strangeness and stupidity of this whole incident as it's reported. If this plays out simply as described above the old man might have a legitimate self defense case despite the fact his driving was the initial motive for the situation. Every time I read the article I keep getting the impression they want you to feel like the 24 year old is the victim. But when you look past the driving there is the case of 4 people confronting a stranger in front of his home, isn't that the kind of situation that could warrant the use of force to defend yourself? If he (the 24 year old) had simply took a deep breathe and moved on instead of confronting the guy with a group of people he wouldn't have been shot. Anyone have thoughts on this incident?

2. codezilla

codezilla United States Member

Should count his blessings since he was shot in the face with a .44 and amazingly did not die.

nitestocker, ka7ltw, Redcap and 5 others like this.
  3. lv1986

lv1986 SW WA New Member

got what he deserved he wont mess with grandpa anymore, stupid you had to get shot over driving. but over zealous kid out to show his friends how TOUGH he is, he learned real quick hes not as tough as a .44 im suprised he still has a face and is alive. Granted none of this should have happened period...i dont condone the older guy whatsoever, but would tend to lean to his side, like to see more details emerge.

4. biker bo

biker bo Myrtle Creek Active Member

Hopefully the thug want-a-be learned a lesson. If not I hope the next guy is a better shot.

5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

It also looks like alcohol was a factor. Sounds like the group went out drinking after the alleged road rage incident and came back to confront the man at 1:30am.

Not real bright.

6. Hardwood floor guy

Hardwood floor guy Beaverton Active Member

when you pay too much for cable you get bored.
    when you get bored you go driving
    when you go driving you get angry at old men
    when you get angry at old men you get 3 buddies to confornt the old man
    when you and your 3 buddies confront old men you get shot in the face with a 44mag
    dont get shot in the face with a 44mag....switch to direct tv.

7. Mason3379

Mason3379 Oregon City Active Member

As the old adage goes "don't mess with old people they are to old to fight, they will just kill you"!

CJ1089, Grunwald, coop44 and 5 others like this.
  8. t.huynh

t.huynh vancouver, wa Active Member

Had some bubblegum following me around high beaming me the other night. Followed me about 5 miles back to my neighborhood.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

9. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

Yep.

You got to be kidding me. 4 young guys against one old man...after having some liquid courage to salve the bruised ego, this kid has to take "backup" before he goes and confronts the old man? What did he want, witnesses of his demise?

10. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

Two lessons to learn from this

1) Dont go back to your neighborhood when you have someone blatantly following you.

2) tapatalk is just horrible... it neuters forums and makes it harder to read and post. Then it spews advertisements onto the forum every time you use it.
    Come to the dark side, get a real phone, and dont install that crap on it. Get a full forum browsing experience without the spam!

11. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Sometimes the process of natural selection moves too slowly. Sometimes it has a near miss, but when it does it tends to leave a mark... That had to hurt, if not rupture some eardrums.

What's the deal with Springfield (and adjacent area) youths picking fights with old folks these days? You'd think the word would get out that old folks are the true "O.G.'s" that'll busta' cap in their a$$e$.... LMAO!!

An armed society is a polite society. :thumbup:

12. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

must be something in springfields water or something wrong with the young people there.

13. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

You mean a Junction City youths picking fights with old folks in Harrisburg?

14. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Five on one on the older guys property...Sounds like a good shoot to me.

15. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Although its all within geographical spitting distance from each other, you're correct... I stand erected. (and qualified my prior post a bit). ;)

16. Both Eyes Open

Both Eyes Open Hood Canal Active Member

Who knows who the original "road rager" was but as soon as you follow someone to their home it becomes you. Sounds like the 60 yr old was just defending his home to me...

This sent from my brain via my keyboard

Grunwald, Redcap, Kevatc and 7 others like this.
  17. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

He probably will be wishing he was dead after the damage to his face that a .44 will do. Ouch.

18. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Yeah, he might have gotten off with only a broken nose if he had left his buddies at home.:D

19. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Article said the guy was treated and released. Bet he had to shovel out his Fruit of the Looms though.

20. pdx210

pdx210 Clackamas Active Member

Bet he will think long and hard about following some old guy at his house again!