JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why do I have the feeling that there's a lot more to this story than what's been revealed?

Because there is probably a lot more to this story than what's been revealed. :D

It doesn't sound like he was selling a gun that he legally owned, unless maybe he was trading it for crack or something. It could turn out to be just plain old stupidity, but stupidity and drugs would make more sense at this point with the information that we have now.

I do NOT sell anything at my home. Period. If they can't meet at a public place, no deal. No offense, but I have a few feedback ratings here and all were done in a neutral location. And I was packing at every one. Even when I was wearing my work clothes. ;)

Sure seems like a illegal gun deal, felons, stolen gun, trading for drugs, etc
First off no one should ever! Meet up selling something at their home if they can avoid it.
The gun was loaded?! Wtf.
Why wasn't the "seller" charged for providing false info to LEOs for telling them it was a phone. If i was that LEO I'd be PO'd. Could potentially invited them to a dangerous situation.

This is the type of BS that allows for universal background checks to pass.

meeting at your house is dumb. On this site it's a little better because you have positive feedback and what not, but in armslist If a guys acting funny ill ask for cpl and bill of sale then half the time you never here from them again. Then i try to talk to them on the phone, meet in a public lot, and always a little late to circle the guy and feel him out. If its his trunk I make sure he's not behind me at any point and always always keep one in the chamber.

--Be careful, meet in the day time, and bring a buddy--

Guns, drugs, purebred dogs, jewelery....

Anything high dollar bought off any classifieds should be regarded as a hostile situation IMO.

Situational awareness > all, but a fast trigger finger comes in a close 2nd.

Good ideas, posted above.

Public place, look at the cameras :), daytime, unloaded gun for sale, you're prepared, maybe not a bad idea to being a second person with you, too.

Frankly I wouldn't sell a firearm to anyone I didn't already know, anyway, and in that case none of the previous is necessary except the unloaded condition.

I only buy/sell/trade guns with people from this site, and I always offer to complete the transaction at my gun club. That way there are other armed witnesses around, and the prospective buyer has the chance to test-fire the gun before buying it from me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top