JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tuesday, Sep. 21, 2010
REGION: Moses Lake man shoots himself during traffic stop
By Paula Horton, Herald staff writer

Moses Lake, WA
-- Moses Lake police are investigating the death of a 59-year-old man who shot himself during a traffic stop Monday afternoon.

An officer had pulled over the man for an equipment violation at 4 p.m. on Broadway Street at Beech Street intersection, said Capt. Dave Ruffin.

The man’s name was not released.

Before the officer approached the vehicle, the man produced a handgun and fired once, Ruffin said.

The officer then went up to the car and found the driver with a self-inflicted gunshot wound, he said.

Medics were called and the driver was taken to the hospital and later flown to a Spokane hospital, where he died, Ruffin said.

A 9mm handgun was found inside the vehicle.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call investigators at 509-766-9230.

Read more: <broken link removed>

Seems there are still a few left in Linnton.

Would you make that statement to his wife after learning his 3 sons had all been killed that day by an IED in the sandbox?

Think before you hit the keys on your computer, it might make the internet less stupid.

Seems there are still a few left in Linnton.

Would you make that statement to his wife after learning his 3 sons had all been killed that day by an IED in the sandbox?

Think before you hit the keys on your computer, it might make the internet less stupid.

Why were his kids playing with an IED in the sandbox?

So because your sons got killed in the war, you would kill yourself when you're going to get pulled over? Whoever does that dosnt sound very smart to me. And I wouldn't be talking to his wife, I would feel sorry for her that her husband killed himself, but that's not what I was making a comment about. It was about his way of thinking.

Link, get a clue. When you have a friend or family member commit suicide you won't be such a dumbass that see's the world in black and white, trust me on this.

It's called life experience, someday you might figure out why your flippant attitude about death is out of line, at least I hope you do.

Carry on kids...

Yep, maybe you're right. But maybe you should "get a clue" and not call somebody, that you don't have a clue who they are, a dumbass. You have your opinion, I have mine.

P.S. - I'm pretty sure dumbass falls into the language you are not suppose to use on here...DUMBASS!!!

Yep, and I'll likely be the one banned for pointing out the obvious in your statements. Ain't the internet great?

Sorry to have offended you if that is the case. I meant "dumb ***" in the "good way." LOL

That's all for today.. I've brought too much reality to this thread already. Truth hurts.

I feel for anyone who has had family die protecting pour way of life but at the same time who was left with dead sons and a dead husband. I am just gonna reach out and make a point that suidcide in and of itself is 100&#37; a completely selfish act.
Edit to add I also feel for the family of anyone who has commited suicide.

It was a hypothetical to get the responder to consider that there may be more to the situation that he wasn't considered when making casual negative comments about it.

Suicide is very often a selfish act, but nothing is 100&#37;. Suicide is sometimes committed by those who are not in their right mind at the time. Society is not necessarily better off when they are gone nor is it always committed by those too selfish to see past their own problems.

i feel for anyone who has had family die protecting pour way of life but at the same time who was left with dead sons and a dead husband. I am just gonna reach out and make a point that suidcide in and of itself is 100% a completely selfish act.

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top