JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When my son was young, my one gun at the time was locked up.
Why? Because when I was young, my brothers and I knew where my Dad hid his gun and when he was not home, we would get it out and play with it. We were lucky we did not shoot ourselves.
However, there are no children in my home now. I also have a security system to help prevent burglary.
To create a law that requires me to render my firearm unusable in my my own home and makes me liable for the criminal acts of a thief who steals it is ludicrous. :mad:

The news article said more or less:

The bad man, suspect, kicked open the homeowner's back door and entered the house around 10PM.

The bad man charged the homeowner.

The homeowner, VICTIM, defended himself and any other person IF there were more (?) people in the broken into home.

He shot the bad man aka a CRIMINAL.

That original news article did not say if the homeowner was alone or not.

I used the words VICTIM and CRIMINAL here and they were not in the news article.

Someone asked this question in the last couple of pages.

My computer is messed up and I tried to copy this but it will not take.

I would imagine that IF someone broke into your home by KICKING DOWN your door (Back, front or side door.) or even a WINDOW at any time even though most people are HOME @ 10PM at night and CHARGE YOU - they are there to hurt you, hurt your family if you are not alone, STEAL from you, and most likely MURDER you too.

So this may answer some questions or you can read the news article again. I did not search for any updates.

Cate

It's not going to ban you from carrying in your own home.

And whats stopping it from doing just that? Were talking about a law that IS telling you what you can and cant do inside your own home. What happens when this law does nothing to prevent accidents? ....nothing in the bill provides a solution until after the accident.

#1. I thought we decided that lawmakers should stay out of people's bedrooms.
#2. I have no kids in my home, nor grandkids etc that visit. Therefore I would bear an uneven burden of restriction of my rights.
#3. As for risk of theft contributing to illegal gun traffic, my guns are always locked up... in my house.
#4. I would have to either lock up my handguns, or have one on me... again, a disproportionate burden since I have no intention of wearing one on my PJs while watching TV.
#5. A handgun finger activated lockbox is IMO not fast enough. Nobody has the right to force me into that mode of self defense. And the proposed law will require cable locks... imagine trying to get one of those off while wresting with a home invader!!!

For those still braying about how we will still be ALLOWED to carry in our own homes.......... Please re-read #4.

I WILL NOT be forced into having a weapon on me when relaxing at home. If YOU want to, that is fine with me. But DON'T pass a law that makes it so that I have to do things YOUR way!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

It's not going to ban you from carrying in your own home.
Is it going to require I get a safe? I don't own one now and do not want too. Put a lock on a closet? I do not have one so equipped now and I don't want one. The government does not' need to make further intrusions to my home, if it wasn't codified at the time my house was built. Does this bill ban political posters? Why not? They want to do my thinking for me? Do not sit there and tell me this bill won't hurt me, just because you feel it won't hurt you.

Is it going to require I get a safe?

My understanding of the proposal, which I've only read summaries of not the actual text, is that you will either have to have a gun safe(s) or have cable locks or trigger locks installed on all weapons that are not immediately in your control.

And while cable locks are a big hassle in an emergency, they are easy for children to defeat, and trigger locks have been known to malfunction and allow the firearm to discharge... meaning that if it is kept loaded and ready for use there could still be a fatal accident involving a child. Trigger locks have also caused AD during installation, so it would be wise not to keep one in the pipe!

You would be ALLOWED to have one on your person, or within your reach at all times... meaning that if you go to the can, you need to take it with you, or when you go into the kitchen, or anywhere else. What a PITA!!!

Its a stupid law from people that set their car keys on the counter next to a bottle of whiskey and then worry about kids and firearms. I dont like it but from what i read it just makes you liable if guns are stolen. In WA

"The law doesn't necessarily mandate that firearms owners lock their guns away. But lawful firearms owners could be charged under those community-endangerment crimes if someone not legally permitted to possess a firearm — such as a child or a felon — gets a hold of it and displays it publicly, causes it to discharge or uses it in a crime. "

good thing it was one way shooting, no two way gun fight.

glad to hear no harms done to good people.

man, it's not going to be same feeling anymore when you are going into your house.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top